Chapter 9 - The Rules

"Derek, do you think Sid will let me interview her for my documentary?" Mickey asked Derek as he sat down.

"Oh yeah. You know, she turned down 'Primetime Live', '20/20', and 'Dateline,' but for you, yeah." Hallie joked as Mickey sat up straight again.

"I've been thinking about this whole murder thing. Have they checked out Randy?" Mickey then asked his two friends.

"What?" Derek questioned in a somewhat high voice.

"I know he's an innocent victim the first time around, but he's a little off. You know what I'm saying?" Mickey continued just as Derek spotted Kali and Sid who had met up on their way over to sit with the group.

"Come on, Randy? The guy's harmless" Hallie argued.

"That's what they said about Dahmer." Mickey stated sitting back in his chair.

"Guys, keep it down, come on." He said quietly as Sidney and Kali finally made it over to the group.

During their walk to their friends Sidney had informed Kali of how she had asked Derek to keep his distance. Apparently Sidney was having similar feelings towards Derek to what Kali was feeling about Mickey and it made her think if she should ask the same of her boyfriend.

"Hey." Hallie smiled at the two as Derek began to stand and make room for Sidney between him and Hallie, but instead his girlfriend opted for sitting at the opposite side of the table at the other end. Kali on the other hand chose to sit at the head of the table between Hallie and Sidney then sit in the spare seat next to Mickey, that also didn't go unnoticed by her boyfriend as he gave her a curious glance, but let it go, rolling her apple along the table to her.

"Where are the Secret Service guys?" Mickey asked Sidney.

"Uh, over there." She answered, pointing to a table a couple of rows back where the two detectives sat, eating their lunch while keeping an eye out for any possible danger.

"And which one is Kevin Costner?" Hallie asked once she had spotted them.

"The one of the right is Officer Richards. He's a Capricorn. Divorced. Father of two." Sidney explained, looking at the older of the two cops. "And the one on the left is Officer Andrews. He's a Gemini. Mid-twenties and single." Sidney finished with a smirk at Hallie who looked more than interested.

"Really?" She asked curiously.

"Wait till he's off duty, Hal." Kali stated, taking a bite from her apple.

"Derek?" Mickey asked, noticing his friend's clear distress over something. "Penny for your thoughts?"

Derek didn't say anything for a little while, but soon began an explanation. "This morning, I woke up with this feeling... I... didn't know how to deal with." Kali narrowed her eyes a little, deeming it an odd thing for Derek to say as she looked over to Mickey for an answer, but he seemed just as confused.

That was when Derek, the jock fraternity, pre-med and once quarterback began to sing.

'And so I just decided to myself

I'd hide it to myself'

"What is he doing?" Hallie asked.

"Uh, Tom Cruise, Top Gun, 1986." Mickey clarified with a smile, pointing at Derek.

"Derek, don't." Sidney said, suddenly terrified of what he was about to do while Kali looked around and saw a couple of people looking over at their table.