Chapter 14 - The Death Of Love

"Billy's mother!" Mickey yelled. "Nice twist, huh? Didn't see it comin', did ya?"

"It can't be. I've... I've seen pictures of you." Gale stated, not seeing it.

"This is 60 pounds and a lot of work later." Kali informed.

"It's called a make-over. You should try it. Look a little tired yourself there, Gale." Mrs Loomis said back as she removed her over coat and threw it aside.

"So, you two are in this together?" Gale asked, looking back at Mickey.

"Yeah, well, had to have financing. Tuition's expensive. Deb, there, my backer, we met on the Internet. Psycho Website. Classified." Mickey explained, informing everyone that he wasn't in fact on a scholarship.

"There's only an estimated 97 active serial killers in the country today. So, Mickey, here, was quite a find. Definitely one on the way up. All he needed was a little guidance and nurturing." Kali felt a cringe spread across her face as her stomach knotted.

"As only a mother can do." Sidney added.

"Where did you get that gun?" Kali suddenly found herself asking. "It's police issue, Mickey was the one who took out the officers, not you."

"Always so sharp, Kali." Mrs Loomis noted while Mickey grinned proudly. "It's your brothers, I'm afraid you've run out of siblings." She informed as Kali realised where the blood on Gale's clothes had come from.

Kali's blood was now boiling, the breakdown would come later, but in this moment she found herself getting mad. Mickey, however, noticed, able to read her like a book, so before she could do anything, like charge at the women with a gun, he came up behind her, pulling her back into him once again with his knife.

"Easy, don't do anything rash now, Kal."

"Go to hell." She spat back, but yet again couldn't break free. The next time Mickey spoke it was barely a whisper in her ear so the others couldn't hear. "You didn't kill Billy, she won't kill you... so long as you behave."

"What's the matter, don't have the guts to kill me?" She whispered back. "Even Stu managed to at least try."

Mickey sighed, placing a quick kiss on her cheek that Kali didn't bother to try and pull away from, knowing there was no point.

"Told you it was gonna work." He spoke louder now, over to Mrs Loomis. "Wait till the trial! It is gonna rock!"

"Oh, Mickey. There's not gonna be a trial." Mrs. Loomis announced. Kali tried to once again pull away, knowing what was coming next. Realisation also dawned on Mickey's face and Kali was still in front of him.

What Mickey did next shocked everyone in the room, mostly Kali.

Mrs Loomis pointed her gun in their direction as Mickey spun around, moving Kali with him and taking three bullets in the back, one of which ripped through his side and lodged itself in Kali's upper arm causing her to cry out. Gale and Sidney both dove out of the way in opposite directions, but Gale's sudden movement triggered a reflex in Mrs Loomis as she pointed the gun at the reporter and shot her in the side. Gale fell of stage and down into the hole in front of it where the choir would play.

Both Mickey and Kali fell to the ground. Kali managed to manoeuvre it so she landed sitting up, using her arms for support while Mickey fell to his knees in front of her. He began to fall forward again, Kali caught him as he turned on his back so his head was now resting in her lap.

For a reason that Kali couldn't fathom, a tear escaped her right eye and silently fell down her cheek. Mickey's hand gently lifted up and brushed it away as he almost smiled.