Chapter 1 - Stab

This is based on 'Scream' and 'Scream 2'. I am basically interlocking both movies into this one book with the use of extensive flashbacks. The timelines might not meet up with the movie exactly (e.g. I'm giving it three years between 'Scream' and 'Scream 2', whereas in the movies it's only two), but it shouldn't matter, it works either way.

I describe what happened in the first movie so if you've seen it, which you probably have, then you'll probably want to skip it, but I recommend you don't as it does have Kali's story in there as well. Just in case though I did bold the important parts and I will have flashbacks. The flashbacks will be written in italics.

Three Years Later.

The cinema buzzed with excitement, the movie everyone had been anticipating for two years was finally screening - 'Stab.' Half the audience believed it to be just another slasher film, but the other half knew its true origins.

"It's not just a movie, Sam." A young girl turned on her boyfriend, complaining after he had dragged her to see the new release. "It's a true story."

"Oh, bullshit. You shouldn't believe everything you read, Emma." He counteracted.

"It's not bullshit; I've met some of the survivors, they go to our college! Three years ago, in Woodsboro, two eighteen-year-old boys went on a killing spree." The girl began her story, explaining it to her boyfriend with a sense of pride over knowing something he didn't. "Billy Loomis and Stu Macher had murdered five people, six including the mother of Billy's girlfriend, Sidney, a year before that. Billy's motive had been a form of revenge; Sidney Prescott's mother had been having an affair with his father and as a result Billy's mother had moved out and abandoned him. He blamed Maureen Prescott and had peer pressured his best friend Stu into killing her with him. It would have stopped at that, but they had so much fun doing it that they started again a year later. This time targeting Sidney and anyone close to her, planning on pinning it on Sidney's father, Neil."

"You're so gullibly. Whoever you met is probably just attention seeking." He said with a roll of his eyes.

"Excuse me Mr. Know-It-All, but my source is the roommate of two of the survivors. You know Hallie from my Lit class, well her roommates are Kali Riley and Sidney Prescott, you would have seen them around campus. Sidney was Billy's girlfriend, obviously, and Kali was Stu's."

"Alright, how about you tell me this supposed true story and if it matches up with the movie that we are about to be the first to see, then I'll believe you."

Emma rolled her eyes at her boyfriend's stubbornness, but continue with the tale nonetheless. "They first killed Stu's ex girlfriend, Casey, and her boyfriend, Steven. Stu and Casey hadn't dated in about two and half years and he'd been with Kali for most of that time, but they were just the warm up. Next was Mr Himbry, the Principal of their high-school."

"Oooh, the Principal, no-one ever likes them."

"Sam, shut up, let me finish." She cut him off. "His death was because they needed a distraction for later on. A curfew had been set in place and Stu had arranged a party at his house for the night to get everyone together while his parents were away. The Principal's death acted as a distraction to get most of the people out of his house so he and Billy could focus on the important ones, but during the party Billy killed Tatum Riley, Kali's twin sister, in the garage when she went to get more drinks. It was after that when the house got a call saying the principal had been murdered and hung from a goal post at the football field. Everyone ran out, wanting to see it before they pulled him down, but Sidney, Kali and their friend Randy didn't leave. They hadn't found Tatum yet and her and Kali's brother, Dewey - who was a cop, was outside with Gale Weathers the news reporter and author. She wrote a book on Maureen's death and was looking for another story. Billy pulled Sidney away, leaving Kali, Randy and Stu watching a movie. Eventually Kali got up to look for her sister, despite Stu saying she had probably just bailed with the others. Stu got up to help her look and he came up with the idea that they should split up. He said he'd look inside and she should go outside, believing that Tatum's body was in the garage, but Stu didn't know that when Billy had killed her she had tried to escape through the cat flap in the garage door so when Kali was outside looking around the house she came across her sisters body hanging in the open door."