Chapter 2 - Family Reunion

"Sid, your wrong." Kali stated sharply, turning on her heels to face her best friend. "It's not happening again. What happened at the cinema was terrible, but it was caused by the hype of the movie. We didn't even know the victims!" Kali paused for a while, sighing briefly as she saw both of their boyfriends, Derek and Mickey, walking up to the girls. "Look... please, just... try and forget about it. This doesn't involve us." Her voice was just above a whisper. Despite her stomach screaming at her that it was more than a coincidence, Kali decided that she wasn't going to let her fears get in the way of the life they had made over the years.

"What doesn't involve you?" Mickey asked curiously with his classic grin as he walked up to the 20 year old and wrapped an arm around her shoulder before kissing her cheek sweetly.

"It's nothing." Sidney muttered before walking off with her boyfriend, Derek, running after her in confusion.

"What was that about?" Mickey asked his girlfriend as he moved his position from her side to standing in front of her.

"It's..." Kali sighed again, lightly shaking her head, "It's those murders last night at the opening screening of 'Stab'. Sid thinks it had to do with us. She thinks it's starting again." Her head dropped to her hands as she aimlessly fiddled with her nails worriedly.

"Hey?" Mickey used his index finger to lift Kali's chin so he could look her in the eye. "Do you?" He asked seriously.

"No." She shot back a little too quickly as he raised his eyebrows. "I... I don't know." Kali then answered truthfully.

"Well that settles it then." He huffed.

"Settles what?" She asked in confusion as he gave her his mischievous look. "No... I know that look. Mickey..." Kali warned just before he lunged forward and lifted her off the ground, throwing her over his shoulder.

"I'm kidnapping you until they find the killer." He declared, "You are officially glued to me."

"Mickey, put me down." Kali demanded. It would have come out a lot more serious and adamant if not for the giggles that came from the girl. "Mickey!" She cried as he then began to run to catch up with Derek and Sidney who were now standing with their other friends Randy and Hallie. As Mickey ran he spun around causing Kali to squeal as he gently lifted her off his shoulder and slowly lowered her feet back to the ground once they had made it over to the group.

Kali smiled up at him, shaking her head, but when she broke eye contact and looked to the ground a sudden memory came to her mind, wiping the smile off her face entirely.

***

Kali was reclined back on her bed watching 'The Exorcist' on TV, that had been majorly edited. She shared a room with her twin sister, Tatum, the both of them having twin beds side by side. It had taken some persuasion to convince their mum into letting them have their own TV in their room which she only agreed too to stop the constant fighting between the girls and their older brother, Dwight... or Dewey as they had always called him which caught on and now most believed to be his actual name.

"Kal!" The seventeen-year-old heard her sister call from the living room. Reluctantly she got off her bed, popping a Gummy Bear into her mouth as she did, before exiting her room to meet her sister. Their brother was still at work at the police station and it was date night for their parents so the girls were the only ones home. "It's your ill-conceived boyfriend." Tatum explained, shoving the phone into her sister's hand as Kali rolled her eyes.

The twins agreed on many things, but Kali's boyfriend was not one of them. Tatum, being thirteen minutes older, claimed it was her responsibility to protect her younger sister and she believed that Kali could do better, despite the fact that Kali and Stu had been together for almost two and half years. However, when Kali objected to some of the men Tatum dated (e.g. the stereotypical quarter back or the drug addict) Tatum of course didn't listen, so Kali refused to listen to her.