Chapter 12 - Running

The undercover cop car pulled up at a red stoplight. They still weren't all that far from campus, only a couple of kilometres, but the roads were empty which made Kali feel somewhat uncomfortable.

"So, where are you taking us, anyway?" Hallie asked from the middle seat, breaking the silence.

"If we tell you, we'll have to kill you." The older of the two, Officer Richards, joked.

"Don't ask; don't tell." Officer Andrews then added.

Kali wasn't paying to much attention, but when Sidney screamed her attention was immediately snapped to the front of the car where, on her side, Ghostface appeared from nowhere, punching through Andrews' mirror, successfully shattering it, and slitting his throat with a knife.

Hallie and Sidney both screamed while Richards seemed in shock.

"Shoot him!" Kali yelled at the remaining officer just as Ghostface jumped onto the top of the vehicle. Richards got out, perhaps preparing to shoot, but he was kicked across the jaw by the killer before he leapt off the top of the roof and then slammed the police officer into Sidney's window. Hallie screamed even louder as Kali tried to open her door but failed seeing as it was a cop car and couldn't be opened from the inside while in the backseat.

The officer was slammed over and over again, each time whacking his head on the glass before being thrown onto the bonnet of the car before he slid off and hit the ground. Ghostface crawled through the open passenger door where Richards had been sitting and then pulled Andrews out, throwing him out onto the road.

"Oh my god!" Hallie yelled as she began to try and kick one of the doors open.

"Out of the car, you fucker." Richards suddenly jumped up in front of the vehicle with his gun at the ready.

Kali knew what was coming next. Ghost paced pulled the car into gear and slammed down the accelerator, ramming into Richards who flew into the windscreen, but didn't break the glass.

Richards grabbed on for dear life as the killer swerved the car, desperately trying to get him off the bonnet.

"Pull over, you son of a bitch!" The officer ordered.

Kali saw the construction coming up in the road as they gained speed with each second. She screamed last second, ducking her head as the car crashed into the works.

After the sudden stop everything went silent. Kali slowly sat back up straight and saw the damage. The killer appeared to be unmoving, maybe having hit his head in the crash, but she doubted he was dead. Officer Richards on the other hand was definitely dead. A metal pole had pierced through the back of his had, breaking through the glass and then ripping through the wire netting that separated the front and back seat.

Hallie and Sidney slowly recovered from beside her.

"Is he dead?" Hallie asked.

"I don't think so." Sidney whispered back.

"No, he's still breathing." Kali added, just able to hear it from where she sat directly behind him.

"Oh, is he dead?" Hallie whispered, now noticing Richards.

"Oh god, I think so." Sidney replied.

Hallie turned back to the door, reaching over Kali to try and open it. "How are we supposed to get out of here?" She asked.

"We're not, it's a cop car." Kali replied. "We're gonna have to climb in the front."

"What?" Hallie asked.