Chapter 7 - Poor Judgement

"This is a mistake, I shouldn't be here." Sidney said as her, Tatum, Kali and Stu crowded around the girl's lockers that were all close by each other. Kali pulled a lollipop out of her locker and another that she handed to Tatum as her sister spoke to Sidney.

"I want you to meet me here right after class, okay Sid?" Tatum asked as she closed her locker and Stu pulled a mirror out of Kali's, checking himself out which made Kali lightly wack him on the chest and him to mouth the word 'Ow' before smiling.

"I haven't seen Billy around, you think he'll be pissed?" Sidney asked Stu as she shut up her locker.

"What, you mean after you branded him the Candyman? No. His heart's broken."

"Stu!" Tatum punched him in the shoulder, harder than Kali had hit him before this time earning a genuine 'Ow.'

When Stu turned to Kali for help she only glared at him sternly, but in reality she knew he was just telling the truth.

A sudden eruption of screams coming from down the hallway caused Kali to jump back into Stu chest by surprise as Stu placed his hands on her waist to steady her. One of their classmates was screaming and running down the hallway wearing the same costume the killer had allegedly been wearing as some kind of practical joke.

The students all jumped back, some disgusted while others were amused. Kali figured it was either Troy or Ryan, knowing they'd be the two most likely (with Stu coming in at third). When he ran past the group, briefly stopping to scream in Kali's face, she knew it was Troy due to the ragged running shoes and the fact that he was always trying to scare her.

"Fuck off, douchebag." She demanded as he screamed and Stu, despite finding it funny, pulled her back a little behind his shoulder and shoved Troy away causing him to continue running and screaming down the hall.

"Why are they doing this?" Sidney asked.

"Are you kidding me, look at this place! It's like Christmas!" Stu said with an amused smile after Troy.

Tatum didn't need to punch Stu this time, Kali had is sorted, shoving him in the shoulder that was probably already a little bruised.

"Stupidity leak!" She accused then used her lollipop to wack him on he forehead a couple of times.

"Ow, easy."

"Sidney!" Tatum called after their running off friend before throwing an angry look at Stu and storming off to class.

"What?" He asked Kali once they were alone and she sighed, taking her mirror back off him and throwing it in the locker before closing it.

"Go to class." Kali said and Stu complied.

***

A ringing phone woke Kali from her dream with a groan as she fumbled around to answer it.

"Hello?" She grumbled.

"Hey, listen. We've posted two body guards on Sidney, I tried to convince them to put at least one on you, but..."

"No that's fine." Kali cut in. Ghostface's main target had always been Sidney, she understood that, but Dewey was clearly having some trouble with it.

"I want you to stay with your friends, alright? Like Mickey, where's he?" Dewey asked.

"In the shower. Have you even properly met him yet?" She answered, hearing the running water from the bathroom.