Chapter 20 { Why Do We Fight? }

><><><No ones P.O.V><><><

The raven haired girl walked through the door, staying in the shadows. So she flicked on the light switch.

She was as quite as the world around her. Not wanted the sleeping girl in the other room, to wake up. She may take this a betrayal, and loyalty is the thing that she lives by, but things can't keep going on like this.

Walking over to the boy, who calls himself a man, was tied in rope.

Grabbing one of her knifes she stalked closer, making sure not to make a sound.

Raising her knife. She striked...

^.^.^.^

^.^.^.^

^.^.^.^

^.^.^.^

^.^.^.^

^.^.^.^

^.^.^.^

^.^.^.^

^.^.^.^

^.^.^.^

The rope fell to the floor. The boy still soundlessly asleep. (Most of you thought Sky killed him didn't you.*sigh* what am I going to do with you.)

Shaking the boy, with a hand on his shoulder. He alarmingly woke up. Looking at the girl in awe, after realizing what she did. She stalked her way to the doorway.

The boy couldn't help it. His own curiosity always got he better of him, ran in his bloodline. "Why are you letting me go?" He choked a little on his words.

The girl with sky blue eyes, turned around to respectively face him.

"I see the real you, I see what you hide, what you try and lock away. I know you lie, to the world. I can see what you really are, and what you can do. I can see how you can fool everyone but me and.. Yourself." She paused, when she say the kid hold his breath. Debating if to go farther on.

"I know you are much more skilled, than you ever shown. You could get out of those ropes a thousand times over. You could have been free from that cell in S.H.I.E.L.D, anytime you liked. I know your the one who helped your sister get off that helicarriar, when you almost sent it to the ground. I know you care, but you're not sure, not after what happened 5 years ago. When you started to doubt." Ever word that came out of her mouth, was planned and calm.

"How..how do you know about that!" He said loudly. She placed a finger on his lips.

"Shh, you don't want to wake up your sister now do we?" She said the backed away.

"Your father was never family to you, your mother was. Out of fear, you chose your father. I know you don't want to be like him, but you try and act to his approval. Which never works." She said, noting it hit a nerve.

"So I'm going to let you leave. I suggest you try and stay out of this life. It destroys people, but before you go, answer me this. Why do you fight?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, tilting his head.
"Why. Do. You. Fight?" She asked, saying each word slow.
"Ummmmmm, I don't know." He said flustered.
"Never fight for a reason you don't understand." And with that she was gone. Next the boy left, words repeating in his head.

><><><Quantum's P.O.V><><><

The golden sunset warmed my face, as I sat on the roof of my old home. I don't know why but I just got the feeling to come back here. I enjoyed the sun.

Sky sat next to me. Not speaking a word. Thoughts bubbled inside of me.

"So..." I started. "You have any idea how Kyle escaped. We had him in rope and stuff. Do you think it was Riley?" I asked.
"No, she doesn't know where we are." She said certain, looking at the sunset.

"Well ain't someone all knowing." I joked.

She looked like she was training a few minutes ago. Sweat drooled off her. Which reminds me, when are we going back to training? Did she forget? I hope so.

"I'm not all knowing." She paused the laughed to herself quietly. "I actually came here to get something off my mind." She said.

"And what is it?" I asked.
"A question."
"Ohhhh a question. What's your question?"

She looked at me then faced the sunset, like she was a shamed of something. No, uncertain of something.

"Why do you fight?" She questioned.
"Hmmmmmmmm, let me think about that. Well, I guess, because, because, because I can. I fight because I can." That brought a smile to her face.

"Your much more like Bethany than you think." She said.
"What about you?"
"I fight for honour, loyalty, things like that. I fight for people who can't protect themselves, and those who can. My life is already lost in this one, there's no climbing out." She answered.

  Then it went back to silence.

"What do you think will happen to Riley? She doesn't understand what she said yes to. She's cursed to not say a word about us, how do you think that will affect her. It also puts her in constant danger." I complained.

"Yes but she was always at risk, now she has more power." Sky input.

I laid back.

"Ugh, how am I supposed to fight an evil army, that wants to destroy everything! That and build an army of my own! Why do I have to complete this stupid prophecy thingy!" I shout.

"If you don't, who will." She stated.
"That doesn't make me feel better." I said and looked at her.
"I know."

><><><

I opened the door to my apartment with Sky behind me.

I was shocked to say the least. Everything was a mess, and/or Broken. There on the once nice wall, was written in blood. 'War has begun'.
On the floor, laid the woman I called mother. Covered in blood, and reeked death. She was dead.

My eyes got warm as tears rolled down my cheek, and spared on the floor.

This is war, but with who?

><><><><><><

Me: I'm sorry I gave up on editing, so just tell me. Also sorry about making you guys wait for the weekly chapter. I'm more of a reader than writer. Okay so 1 more chapter left and that's the end of book2. Sorry for this chapter being short next one will be longer. I have a bunch of ideas for books. So yah!

Me: *hiding in an unbreakable bunker* please don't kill me! Yes, yes I know who you wanted to kill. *hides* oh and PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT!!!!!

Thanks to -comics for letting me use her character Riley. Thanks to gnkp89 for constantly bugging me, for a new chapter of corruption. Another book of mine. And shout out to ozzy_ozwa for begins awesome.