t w o

There are some lectures that you're totally excited for and then there are some lectures that you have second thoughts of attending.

The professor went on explaining today's lesson and he had the projector switched on as well.

I tried hard to keep my eyes open because they wanted to close.

No matter how many times this happens to me, I always wake up half an hour before my afternoon class and I have no choice but to rush. That is the only disadvantage of having your first class in the afternoon.

People around me had their headphones on and some were having a casual whisper chat with their neighbours.

To entertain my head a little I decided to look at my professor's fashion choice.

The pants were just too loose because it looked so baggy. The belt was worn out and the shirt looks fine. For what he wore, he couldn't have had a better hairstyle other than his hair being combed back. His thick big glasses were at the edge of his nose and he stood there lecturing.

I look down at my watch and I mentally let out a sigh of relief.

I looked up to my professor and he was also done with his lecture. The two hours of the lecture was officially over!

Everybody stood up to leave, so did I. I wanted to get away from this room and see the world and maybe grab a coffee or even food because I never had anything to eat since I was rushing for class.

As I stepped out of the class, I pull my phone out to call Emma. I walked to the nearest exit as I waited for her to pick the call. When she did, she informed me that she is in the small cafe where we usually grab a bite from and she bought me food!

I mean, friends who buy you food in times of need are angels sent from above.

The cool winter breeze could be felt through my sweater as I walked through Washington Square Park. It was crowded and I was pretty sure that the school for the day was up because you had girl groups walking into Starbucks and a pack of boys playing football in the centre of the Square.

I walked a little more and I found Emma sitting behind the lovely wooden fence of the cafe drinking from a mug.

"Hey, Em!" I greet her as I sat opposite to her.

"I'm actually surprised that you would even make it for your lecture today." she looks at me and places her mug on the table.

"I just greeted you, Emma, you're supposed to greet me back." I gave her a blank face.

"If you want so, Hey Holly." she gave me a small smile and gestured the waiter to bring in the food.

"Okay, sorry for not greeting you right. I just had some bad lectures today and one of them was a surprise test." she apologises.

"It's okay." I smile. "I couldn't sit anymore in Smithson's class," I tell her.

"Smithson was the one who gave the surprise test. I messed it up big time." She sighed.

A waiter walked to our table and placed a plate in front of me. I looked up to thank him but his blue-grey eyes made me forget my courtesies.

"Enjoy your meal." A smile spread across his lips, so did mine. I nod my head and he turned around to get back to where he was. I turned myself on my seat to see where he headed. I saw him serve another table with his beautiful smile. I could melt, I honestly could but suddenly my thoughts changed and my mind reminded me of how I didn't like boys.

They're all a bunch of jerks.

"I thought you were going to take his number, Holly." I heard Emma ask when I came back to senses.