e i g h t

There's a first time for everything. This could be the first to many more Christmas'
----

"There we go!" Peter held James high as he put the star on top of the tree.

It was five in the evening when it was finally decided that we were to decorate the tree and the house. I sat on the couch clueless because I rarely decorated the tree, Gabe our butler did it every Christmas.

The tree decorations were scattered around the room, cookies and hot chocolate carefully arranged in the corner of the room and Christmas carols played back to back in the background. Every single person in this room was in the spirit and then there is me who felt nothing.

I won't say I felt nothing. I felt sad and miserable seeing everybody smile and enjoy the season, something I would have to wish for on a star in another universe.

I got up from the couch and walked to the corner that had the cookies and hot chocolate. I poured the hot chocolate into one of the mugs and placed the pot back in its place. Drinking a mug of hot chocolate could be a way I could be in the spirit of Christmas.

When I turned around, I saw Sarah standing before me. "Now now, attacking the hot chocolate before we're done with decorating?" She had her hands on her hips. "I uh-" "It's okay, you don't have to say anything." She smiled, "Why don't you drink that fast and join us." She tells me. I nod my head, she smiles and then turns around to get back to decorating the house.

I let out a small sigh and took a sip of my hot chocolate. I watched how everybody had a smile on their face and enjoyed everything they did. When I took the next sip, my eyes met Jasper's. The smile on his face faded and he frowned. He made his way to where I was standing. I, in that time, drank my last sip of the hot chocolate.

"Why aren't you there?" He asked me when he stood in front of me.

"I wanted to have some hot chocolate." I shrug, knowing very well that my lie wasn't going to be accepted. "Good answer but I hate excuses, Holly." He looked at me.

"It's not an excuse, well sort of but I feel a little out of place when you all are putting up the decorations. I've never really put up anything for Christmas." Jasper was the only one, apart from Emma, who knew that I've never really experienced Christmas.

Jasper, had a smile on his face, "Is that the only reason why you aren't helping us?" I give a slight nod. "It might sound silly but I know nothing about decorating a tree or a house for Christmas." I place my mug aside, I heard him chuckle. I turned to face him and he continued to look at me.

"There's a first time for everything. This could be the first of many more Christmas' "

I forced a smile and followed him to where some tree decorations were placed. When he stopped, I stood beside him. He reached and took two angels in his hand, he turned to me and gave me one of them. "Let's start with this and then, we will put up whatever decorations we find to put on the tree." He tells me, I give a small nod.

We walked over to the tree. Jasper looked at the tree for a moment. I looked down at the Angel I was holding. The innocent angel, made of porcelain looked peaceful. Her eyes were closed, a pleasant smile and she had a halo on top of her yellow hair.

"I found a place to put the angels." I heard Jasper say.

When I looked up to see him, he was placing his angel on one of the branches. After he safely placed his angel, he turned to me.

"It's your turn now," he told me.

"Where do I place it?" I ask him.

He turned to the tree and pointed a branch out for me. "Right there." I nod and bend a little to place it on the branch but I was stopped.