t h i r t y

The four years of misery had come to an end. I was finally graduating from college and I couldn't wait to wear the gown and go get the certificate that showed my excellence.

In the past year, nothing big happened except that I am now Jasper Anderson's girlfriend.

Since Jasper was a studious guy, I got serious as well because I would often meet him in the library. I didn't want to change him, I liked and loved being with the actual Jasper. I would get distracted but he promised me to take me out somewhere at the end of the week, even if there were submissions coming up.

We couldn't go home for Christmas last year since we were in our final year but We, Emma, Ryan, Jasper and I had a good Christmas here in New York. For New Year's Eve, we went to Times Square and at sharp midnight, Jasper and I kissed, and it was a proper passionate kiss with no one to interrupt.

Currently, I'm shopping with Emma for a good dress for the graduation night. Graduation night is just a week away and finding a good dress that has to be hidden under the graduation gown was an impossible task.

Especially when you can't decide because of the constant commentary from the next cubicle where Emma was trying about six to eight dresses.

I was confused between a white sleeveless asymmetrical dress and a black crochet dress. They were both elegant, maybe I could buy them both.

No! I have to decide.

I kept looking at the black dress I wore and the white one that was hanging in front of me. White looks pretty and elegant but black is always elegant.

I sigh and decide to go with the black.

I put on the clothes I wore and came and yelled out to Emma to get out soon. I step out and hand the lady at the entrance the white dress and held on to the black till Emma came out.

I looked down at my phone to see if I had received any messages. There were none. I sigh I put the phone back in my pocket. I sat on the couches and waited for Emma. It was taking forever but just when I thought of banging that door of the dressing she was in, she came out of the room. She saw me and walked over to me.

"Is it really hard to decide a dress for graduation? I'm so tired and I'm not sure which I should take." I look at all the dresses she was holding. I pulled two from them that caught my eyes. One of them was in the shade of orange while the other was turquoise blue. I chuckle and add the orange to the pile.

"You really think this would work?" She looks at the dress in doubt.

"Emma, it's turquoise. It always works. Just like black." I get up from the couch. "If you think it will look good on me then I shall take it." She hands the lady all the clothes that she tried on. We walk out with the two dresses in my arms. Emma checked out some accessories that would go with the dress.

We checked out after a while and we headed to my car and drove to Emma's apartment.

We had to move out of our dorms since we were done with our years in college but the graduation takes place a few months later so Emma's parents managed to find this apartment that was on rent. Till I find myself one, I decided to stay along with her.

The traffic on the streets were as usual hectic. I'm not sure how we even managed to beat that and arrive to the apartment. I plonk myself on the couch while Emma went to keep the bags in the room.

"Holly, we got no time to lie around!" I hear her yell. "It's just a matter of days until we graduate. We need to look our best for that day." She rushes and comes back to the living room.