f o u r

We have learnt throughout our lives that lying is a bad habit but after living in this strange world, you tend to adopt it. I could lie to anyone for any reason but,

Lying was something I could not easily do in front of Emma.

I was sitting at my desk with a word document open on the screen. I had to start on my essay but I was nowhere into writing because I had to come up with a good excuse to go out. Not like Emma needs to know but you know the feeling.

I could say I need to stay for the library for extra research but she knows I'm never the kind to go into a library.

I had no practical excuse to give her so I'll just go. I'll just tell her that I want to go for a walk and by the time I come back, she'll be fast asleep. That should be fine.

---
I dressed in some casual top over my jeans and had my boots on because there was snow on the roads. I let my hair in a loose ponytail just to appear like I'm going out for a walk.

Emma was sitting on her bed with her laptop on her lap. She had her eyes on me and I could see it from the mirror I was standing in front of. I took my leather jacket and tucked my phone into my pocket.

"I'm just going out for a walk." I turn to Emma. She looked at me for a minute and then nodded her head. I grinned to myself in my mind and walked to the door.

"Will that leather jacket alone do for the cold weather outside?" She stopped me with her question. "Yeah, I'll be fine with it. Don't wait for me to have dinner, I might take time." I inform her.

"That's one hell of a walk." She comments, I chuckle. "See you later, Emma." I say and walk out of the room and close the door behind me.

I walked downstairs and on to the main road and stopped at a curve to get a taxi. I got one in the next ten minutes, another minute and I would have become a popsicle.

I let my hair out from the ponytail I made and set it with my hand. I waited for the driver to reach the road that would lead me to Brandon's building.

I paid my fare to the driver when he stopped in front of the building. I stepped out and looked at the building in awe. Brandon, a year senior to me, was a rich guy and his parents gave him an apartment along with his twin, Brian. Rich as in, they could afford to have an apartment in their name in Midtown Manhattan.

The doorman greeted me and directed me to the elevator and told me that the apartment was on the twenty-fifth floor. I thanked him and stepped into the elevator and pressed the button that had the number '25' engraved on it.

I checked myself in the mirror and settled my hair better and settled my leather jacket right.

The elevator doors opened and I walked to my right. The last door on this side was the apartment I was to be in. I rigorously rang the bell, one ring on the bell would never be heard between all the loud music.

A drunk boy opened the door. Ignoring him, I walked in and let myself get comfortable to the environment I was going be in for the night.

"You're here! I thought you might have dropped the thought of coming." I turn around to see Justin in his lovely green full sleeve t-shirt. I felt as if only Justin had the right to wear green because he knew how to wear a fabric that was green in colour.

"Have I ever stepped back from any party?" I lean forward to greet him with a hug, he hugged me and we pulled away.

"I might need your help." Justin looked really shy, I nod my head indicating to him to continue. "I need a girl for the night or something. You know how much of a loner I am." He asked me. I shook my head in denial.