t w e n t y t w o

"Three sugar cookies and three chocolate chip cookies." Jessica suggests.

"No, Santa prefers more of sugar cookies so I think four sugar cookies and two chocolate chip." Jesse suggests.

"What if Santa's got diabetes?" Sarah asks which made the twins look at their mother.

"Mother you're not really helping us here." Jessica shook her head.

"And whose side are you on anyway?" Jesse frowns and asks.

"No ones. Now I kept my promise and I'm letting you two set the cookies and milk for Santa." She tells them.

"Come up with your decision and go to bed fast. With the lights on, Santa will never visit the house." She walked to them and kissed goodnight and left the kitchen. They looked at me waiting for my opinion.

"I think your mum has a point of Santa being diabetic. Why don't you give an assortment of cookies, maybe a digestive." I suggest.

"You got a good point there." Jesse nods.

"And then when we wake up we'll know if Santa is diabetic," Jessica states as she walked over to one of the cabinets and took out some digestive biscuits. "So Jesse, how does two sugar cookies, two chocolate chip cookies and two digestives sound?" she asked her brother.

"That sounds alright. Although digestives and milk really don't go well together." he made a face as he told her.

---

I let out a small chuckle recalling the scene that took place almost an hour or two ago as I placed the last gift under the tree and sat down on the couch and looked at the plate of cookies and the glass of milk.

The room was dark but it was lit with the fireplace and some Christmas candles were lit. The room looks beautiful and more beautiful since the lights on the tree were also on. One would even call it a little romantic.

It's Christmas already. Time flew really fast since I came here.

Just as I got up to leave, I heard someone walking into the room. I turned around to see who it was and I found Jasper standing there with a large bag in his hand, looking at me.

"Did not know you would be down here." I heard him say as he walked to the tree.

"I was about to leave," I say and got up. "It's anyway late and I better get some sleep." I sigh.

"Or you could wait till I'm done and we could go up together." he placed another gift as he spoke.

"Maybe but you better hurry before Santa arrives you know." he chuckled and got up and walked over to where I was standing. "So you believe in Santa I mean you do know Santa is not the fat red-suited man that comes down the chimney." he crossed his arms over his chest. "I do. Is it wrong to believe in Santa?" I ask.

"No, just wondering how a girl who never had a very good experience with Christmas-" "I've had one experience with my grandparents." I interrupt.

"Yeah but that was when you were a kid." He reminds me.

"Some of those memories came back to mind when Christmas comes near." I look at him.

He sat on the couch and patted the seat next to him. I let out a small sigh and sat next to him.

"My grandmother and I would bake cookies and my grandfather and I would have a glass of milk and plate of cookies. We would place it on the coffee table and I would guard it against my cousins till it was time to sleep." He had a smile on his face.