t w e n t y o n e

Twenty-fourth December.

That's today's date and the Anderson household has never been so busy.

Christmas carol played softly through the speakers that were around the house. Peter was in his study doing some work while the rest of the people of the household were at the dining table with a large enormous plate of cookies in front of us.

Every twenty-fourth December, Sarah handed out six sugar cookies to each and every person who came to attend the Christmas mass on the eve of Christmas.

The children which included Juliet as well were to wrap six Christmas themed cookies in plastic and that was decorated with either a red bow or a green bow.

Since I was there this year, Juliet got a new job and that was to add the "Merry Christmas " tag on each of the cookie packs. Very simple job to be honest.

Little James also had a job since he now could count from one to thirty. He stacked six cookies on the trays he had and that was then given to us by Juliet to pack.

I placed six cookies in the centre and joined the four corners of the plastic together at the top. Collecting all of it together and then did a quick two small clear tape around to so that it stays and then I add the pre-made bows around it.

It looked cute and I was extremely happy with it. Who knew I could do something like this.

"This looks like a mini Santa's workshop!" Sarah exclaims as she walked in with six mason jars of hot chocolate with whipped cream on the top. Along with the straw, there was a candy cane next to it.

"All that's missing are some elf hats." She placed each of the mason jars in front of us. "But you guys need to take a break now." She announces and we immediately reached out for our mason jars and sipped the drink. I heard Sarah chuckle and she and Juliet went into the kitchen.

"I could drink this forever." Jesse comments.

"Me too." Jessica agreed. "Do you know, Holly." I look at her. "Last year there was an assignment to write about one our favourite thing." she says.

"She wrote in two hundred words her love for chocolate." Jesse told me.

"Hey! You stole my words!" she punches Jesse's arm. "Ow! Sometimes I wonder who went for karate classes." he rubs his arm.

"You bunked half of it." Jessica folded her arms and sat back on her chair, Jasper and I laugh.

Sarah came back to the room with a tall large glass that had cake pops. "Had some cake crumbs so I thought why not make some cake pops and with Jessica's idea to add in some candy cane on them." she placed it in the middle of the table. We each reached for it and ate the delight.

"This family needs a bakery." I say as I ate the cake pop.

"That's an idea I've been suggesting for years." Jasper tells, I look at him and he smiles.

"We'll think of bakeries later now once you guys are done with your snack and drink, get back to the packing. We've only got a few more hours!" Sarah told us.

----

I looked in the mirror at myself standing in a red dress. I put my hair into an elegant bun and put necklace for my empty neck. Black pumps, stockings and an over coat.

"You look fab, Holly." I heard Emma say.

"I fell like I've over dressed for the mass." I look at her. "Oh darling, you look perfect for it. You saw what I'm wearing, yours is so much more Christmassy." I laugh.