t w e n t y n i n e

Landing at JFK reminded me that the winter break was over and I was back to waking up to alarm in morning and running for my class.

I took a taxi and told the driver the directions to my accommodation.

The last two weeks were best days I've ever spent with them. They had to go to work in the second week but that did not stop them from spending some time with their only daughter.

I got to know a lot about them. My dad actually enjoys bowling and he has a thing to go shopping for clothes. My mom, on the other hand, explained how terrible I was in the kitchen. She was never very good at cooking, however, my dad is and hence I survive with a recipe book.

Sometime during my time in LA, I had to see Daniel. Ignoring him was not really something possible and he couldn't go a second without flirting with me. That player keeps forgetting the chick he brought along. It got to a stage where I splashed my drink on him and slapped him across his face in front of his so-called friends.

That slap made me feel so much better.

The taxi driver stopped in front of my building. I hand him the money and got out of the taxi. I take my luggage out of the trunk of the taxi and made my way to the building.

I signed in my arrival at the front desk and then headed to the elevator. I pressed the button to my floor and waited till the elevator door opened on the right floor.

When it did, I was greeted by my some of my acquaintances. I pull my heavy suitcase along the corridor till I found my door. I took the key out of my bag and placed it in the keyhole and turned to unlock it but it didn't turn. I knew that Emma was here already.

I bang on the door as loud as I could and that was one of the things Emma hated the most. I could hear her walking around, I kept banging on the door till she answered the door. I heard her groan in annoyance. I heard the door click and the door opened.

The expression of annoyance changed to excitement and almost pounced on me and hugged me.

"HOLLY!!!!" she exclaims and kept hugging me tightly.

"Em, I c-cant-t br-breathe." I manage to say. "I'm sorry" she quickly pulls away and let me into the room.

I kept my suitcase beside my bed and sat on my bed. I looked around the room and couldn't believe I was away from this room for over a month.

"When did you arrive?" I ask her as she settled her clothes into her cupboard.

"Just this morning. I did not know you were arriving today I mean you were supposed to be here before me. Why did you extend the break?" she turns around and asks me.

"Uh-"

"You wanted to spend some time with your boyfriend, didn't you?" I roll my eyes. "No, and we haven't labelled anything on it yet." I correct her.

"Oh." she looked down. "Does the extension of your holidays explain why you haven't called or answered messages?" I nod at her question.

I got up from my bed and walk to my cupboard. "Why don't you settle your stuff and I freshen up and we go have dinner at the cafe at the corner?" She nods her head.

"That sounds good." I nod and take some clothes from the cupboard along with my towel and walk into our tiny bathroom for a shower.

----
With the arrival of students after the winter break, the building was very noisy. Loud music from the annoying boys that lived on the floor above the one that I was on.

Emma and I walked down the sidewalk to the little cafe at the corner of the street that we live on.

We walk into the cafe and find ourselves a table. The waiter came over and gave the two of us the menu card and left us to decide our choices. After a couple of minutes, the waiter came back and we gave him the order and left us again leaving us with water in our glasses.