e l e v e n

#ChocolateChip    #buildingsnowman

My usual morning for the past one week was to wake up to silence or with a knock on the door by James because he was alone but today I woke up with the sound of things crashing and people yelling. That's when I realised that it was the weekend and everybody was in the house.

I stretched under my blanket and then got out of my bed. I woke myself better with some hot water from the shower. It feels like heaven in the morning when this happens. After washing myself in some vanilla bean shower gel, I wear my bathrobe and select my outfit for the day.

I went down the stairs to the kitchen in my black skinny jeans, converse and an oversized hoodie and I saw Sarah mixing something in a bowl. As she gracefully mixed the contents of the bowl, she looked up and saw me standing in the kitchen. "Good Morning Darling!" she greets me.

"Morning." I greet her. "Did you sleep well?" she asked me, I nod and walk over to where she was standing. "I need your help." she looked at me. "I want you to pour this mixture into these muffins baking tray." she showed me some greased muffin tins that lay on the kitchen counter. "Just halfway through because they will rise as they bake," she tells me before she hands me the bowl that she was holding. I smile and turn to the muffin trays.

"Jasper loves chocolate chip muffins. That's one thing he cannot survive without. Anybody can win his heart with a delicious chocolate chip muffin." I heard her say as she pulled out some bacon from the fridge. I continue to do my job without making a mess of the tray.

I could hear Jessica and Jesse in the living room, fighting over the television. Sarah started to fry the bacon and the sound of the bacon crackling in the heat was all I could hear.

Two dozen was the number of muffin moulds I filled. That is two trays. I took the large bowl in my hand to the sink so that I could wash it but before I could turn to the sink, I pair of hands tried to take it from my hand. When I looked up, I was greeted with those beautiful blue eyes.

"I'll take it," he tells me and the bowl let go of my hand. I didn't know how that happened. He had a smile on his face, he sat on the counter beside the muffin trays. He dipped a finger of his into the bowl and scrapped some of the leftover batter and licked it off his finger. He closed his eyes and enjoyed it.

I went to Sarah to tell her that I was done with the trays. She placed the frying pan aside and turned to me. "Are you done with the batter?" I nod. "Great, we shall have them in the oven to bake then," she tells me and turns to the trays. It was then when Sarah noticed her son sitting on the counter licking off the leftover muffin batter.

"Jasper!" she gasped which made him look up to see his mother. "Haven't I told you not to have the batter early in the morning?" she walked over to him and tried to take the bowl over from him. "Oh mom, you know how I love licking off the batter from the bowl," he whined and looked at her. "Sorry son, eating batter in the morning is something that I do not encourage." she turned around and walked to the sink and placed the bowl in it.

"You better go away, Jasper. These muffins are not safe around you until they are baked." Sarah picked up two trays in her hand and looked at Jasper. "I'll wait till they are baked." he smiled like a five-year-old. She let out a sigh and walked to the oven and placed one of the trays in them, I handed her the second tray and with that, she closed the oven.

---

It was a typical Saturday breakfast with every member of the Anderson family at the dining table. Pancakes, bacon, Hash browns, scrambled egg, you name it. Oh and a cake stand that had a dozen freshly baked Chocolate chip muffins.