t w e n t y

"Santa baby, a '54 convertible too, light blue

I'll wait up for you dear, Santa baby

and hurry down the chimney tonight."

Sarah, Juliet and Jessica sang along with the song being played as Sarah drove down the streets. We were going Christmas shopping, that meant buying Christmas presents.

I'm still clueless about what to buy but I had an entire day to find something. Hopefully what I pickup sensible presents.

Before we left, Jessica told me that the shopping is to last for almost the entire day. I never thought buying presents would take an entire day but Jessica told me that it's not really that easy to find the right gift for everyone.

So is Christmas shopping that difficult?

Well, it might be when you don't know the likes and dislikes of individuals.

Well, then good luck to me.

I looked out my window and listened to the medley the ladies in the car were singing to.

Last evening, Jasper and I had a good long talk. We laughed over things that we did as immature teenagers. I thought of Jasper to never climb out of the balcony for a party but that's how he went to his first party.

He also mentioned how he loved to wear Christmas sweaters as the days got closer to Christmas. Would it be alright if I bought him one of that? Would it be a good present?

I felt the car slow down and when I came out of my thoughts I found Sarah pulling into a parking lot of the shopping centre we were going in to. She parked the car and all of us got out of the car.

We walked towards the centre and when we walked in, I was welcomed with the smell of fresh coffee.

"Can we start our shopping day with some coffee mommy?" Jessica asked and Sarah chuckled. "Yeah, we can." She nods.

There was a Starbucks counter on our right, Sarah ordered for a hot chocolate for Jessica even though she wanted coffee, she got herself an Americano, Juliet ordered a caramel latte and I took a medium white chocolate mocha.

After three minutes we got all our drinks and we stepped out of the shop and stood in a circle.

"You'll be on your own right, Juliet?" Juliet nodded her head. "What about you darling, would you like to shop alone or you need company? I mean nobody needs to know what you bought for them right?" I chuckle. "I'll be fine alone." I politely reply.

"What about me, mom?" Sarah turned to the ten-year-old. "Well, honey, not yet for you since you're still small. You're shopping with me." Jessica frowned and looked away.

"Alright, Juliet I want you to meet up with Holly at one and meet us at the pizza shop or Shake Shack, where we usually eat at." Juliet nods and looks at me. "We'll be there." Juliet says.

"Good then. Happy shopping!" She exclaimed and pulled Jessica along with her.

"Since you're new here, you might lose your way here." Juliet spoke as we walked the other way towards an information desk. She reached for a folded paper that was stacked on the side and handed it to me. "Here's a map that should guide you around." I take it and thank her.

"Give me a call around quarter to one and I'll fix a place where we could meet up at." I nod.

"Do you have cash or something-" "Don't worry, I have." I smile.

"Okay then, enjoy." she tells me and walked into a nearby store. I looked down at the map that Juliet had handed me. I went through the list of all the stores the place had. I let out a sigh and walked in the direction of Primark.