Chapter 1 - American Horror Story

"Is it why you wanna leave me? You love another man?", I sighed at his words.

"I'm really confused about you. And, no, I don't love another man. Let's just say I'm planning to lock love in a remote and dark side of my heart. I'm just done"

There I was. Bullshitting my soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend with crap like It's not you, it's me, I need some time alone, I hope you find love again. I've always hated hurting people but, honestly, I'm done of being hurt myself. I've always been sceptic about the whole love thing. Being in love sucks.

I've read that it only sucks when you're with the wrong person though. But, after all this time, after this long stressful relationship, I'm done with looking for the right guy.

I reached my bed, grabbed my earphones and made my phone play some good music. A notification popped up, I opened it with a small smile. It was from Grace, my best friend.

"I really hope you left him. You should really do it, this relationship only hurts. I'll leave you here a song I think you'll find perfect for the situation ;)"

No Good For You, by Meghan Trainor.

I slightly smiled and let it play in my earphones. I was in love with Meghan's voice, I've always found it so relaxing. She was the only female singer I've actually ever liked. I haven't find a song of hers that I didn't like yet. And, honestly, I don't think I would've.

***

I slowly rubbed my eyes and let out a moan. Another morning, another day.

"When will this end?" I moaned dropping my face on my pillow.

"Court, if you don't hurry you'll be late" my stepsister sweetly said, I waved my hand, she softly laughed.

"You're such a lazy ass" she chuckled throwing me a pillow,

"Hey" I moaned as she laughed again and left the room.

I slowly walked downstairs, reaching the kitchen. Everyone was already dressed up and eating.

"What are you doing still in your pjs?" my stepmother asked with a small smile,

"I have no plans for today" I admitted sitting on my chair.

"You have no plans for any day" my stepbrother said chuckling,

"Ah-ah" I weakly smiled.

"You can take me out for some shopping, maybe?" my stepsister, Sidney, said with a small smile,

"Why not" I smiled back, she soon excitely stood up.

"Alright then, I'll be down in a minute"

"Take your time, I won't come like this anyway" I laughed and heard her laughing back.

I grabbed my clothes, took a quick shower and put them on. I chose a black shirt with some white stamps on it, dark skinny jeans and black converse. I put a bit of black eyeliner around my eyes and red lipstick.

"I love the new you" Sidney laughed as I walked out of the bathroom,

"The new me?" I asked with a confused look,

"Lipstick fits you" she smiled walking towards her room.

I've never used lipstick before actually. I've never really felt comfortable by being myself. My mother left when I was 6, and whenever Laura, my stepmother, put lipstick to little Sidney I used to hide and just look at them. My dad raised me all by himself for 2 years and a half, I didn't even have the slightest idea of what make-up was till Laura moved in when I was almost 9. I will now turn 21, in a couple of months. Sidney will turn 19 and Aaron 16. I must admit that my dad looked happy now, so I was happy too. For him, of course. Don't get me wrong, I loved them all. The one I haven't really got along with is myself.

"Ready?" Sidney asked by the door, I softly smiled at her and nodded.

***

"You love horror stuff, right?" she asked as we walked in Hot Topic,

"Totally" I smiled.

"Let's grab something for Halloween" she said with a cute smile, I nodded.

She excitely started running, I followed her.

"Can't you slow down?" I yelled laughing.

"Look at this. Vampires. Is it true that they hate garlic?" she asked staring at a mask,

"Nah, it's bullshit" I laughed, she turned to me in shock.

"My whole life's a lie now"

"Shut up" I laughed again, she smiled.

"Finally! American Horror Story merch!" she suddenly yelled, I looked at her, then at the shelfs.

"American Horror what?" I asked, she quickly turned and faced me with a dead serious expression.

"What"

"Don't get busy tonight. I'm gonna show you the whole serie"

"Whatever you want Sid" I laughed,

"No, you don't get it. It's extremely important" she said serious again,

"I'm free tonight" I chuckled, she turned back to the shirt shelfs.

***

"MOOOM! LOOK WHAT WE GOT" Sidney yelled as we walked home, I quickly covered my ears.

"How was your only-girls-afternoon?" my dad sweetly asked,

"Honey, don't be silly. It was just shopping, it can't be a only-girls-afternoon if I'm not with them" Laura said, we all laughed.

"Courtney doesn't know what American Horror Story is!" Sidney suddenly yelled,

"WHAT" Aaron asked in shock.

"Uhm, I'm sorry?" I said with a small laugh,

"I take the DVDs, you make some waffles" he said looking at Sid, she nodded.

I looked at my dad. Laura and him were looking at me in confusion as well. At least I was not the only on, I thought.

"I have no idea" I whispered, they laughed.