Chapter 17 - Some Type Of Love

"So, are you and Evan together?" Sidney asked as I took her to her hotel. It was Sunday already, and it would've been the last day of my family being in town.

My dad wouldn't stop asking for me to come back to New Orleans, but I kept on refusing. I didn't want to leave my new life and, actually, I didn't want to leave Evan. We were officially a couple since 2 days now, and I had never felt happier and relaxed.

I smiled without saying a word, not wanting to split anything. After all, Sidney and I weren't really okay but I didn't really mind anymore.

"Are you with us tonight?" my dad asked, I looked at him and esitated before answering.

"Actually, there's a dinner tonight" I just said, he sighed.

I greeted my dad, Laura and Sidney, and quickly left them behind in their big 3-start hollywood hotel. I walked the long crowded Hollywood Boulevard and stared up at all buildings in amazement, as I used to everytime. It was just so beautiful how the city lights shined in every car and building glasses. Christmas was right around the corner already, so the streets were full filled up with decorations and bright colorful lights.

My phone started buzzing right when I stepped on the curb, facing Sunset Boulevard. I picked up the call and softly smiled.

"Hey" I shyly said.

"Hey princess, I have news. See you soon, I'll just take a quick shower and then pick you up. I'll be there for 8pm" Evan said with his sweet warm deep voice.

"What are the news?"

"I'll tell you when I'll see you" he laughed.

"Ugh, no! I wanna know it now!" I complained with a childish voice, he laughed again.

***

I reached my apartment and walked in, breathing out softly. I loved the smell of it, it smelled like a mix of fireplace and winter. I loved that it was always so warm and welcoming, it made me feel safe. I lighted a candle up, placed it on the kitchen table and took a quick shower. I let smoking hot water pouring down my cold trembling skin and let out a sigh of relief. I loved the feeling of it, don't we all?

I walked out of the shower box with my favorite navy blue towel on and brushed my hair. I blew dryed it and sighed. The door bell rang, I jumped and quickly reached the frontal door.

"Hey there" a familiar voice said with an adorable smile,

"Charlie" I laughed, "What are you doing here?"

"I live right there" he grinned, poiting at the apartment next door.

"Oh, never knew that" I laughed again,

"Me neither. Can I walk in?" he smiled, I nodded and let him in.

"Are you getting ready for tonight's dinner already?" he asked,

"It's actually in only 20 minutes. Aren't you ready yet?"

"Nah, I'm coming like this" he laughed.

I took a quick careful glance at him. He was wearing a white shirt, dark jeans and black sneakers. He had messy hair but it didn't look bad at all.