Chapter 7 - Los Angeles

It was almost a month ago that I've seen Evan the last time. He's been busy with filming a new movie he's been called for, in Los Angeles. And since I lived in New Orleans, it was been pretty rough keeping the contact so we just lost it. He wouldn't stop texting me though, and of course I texted him back, but it all just felt so far away.

About that Meghan Trainor concert date. That was one of the most beautiful and fun nights I've ever had in my entire life, we almost kissed too. We've been interrupted so many times I can't even remember, the crowd was pretty loud and kept violetly pushing. Even though we had the Vip seats and shit. We couldn't make to the backstage either, but, after all, it was such a great night.

I slowly turned my laptop on and wandered around twitter, just to see an article that soon caught my attention. Emma Roberts and Evan Peters are back together, ready to announce the return of their engagement.

I tried to breath it out, feeling salty tears rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't believe I've been so stupid once again. A celebrity? This was the biggest mistake ever. Crushing over celebrities is really tough, falling in love is even worse. It only breaks your heart, over and over again, and you can't do shit about it.

"Court? Evan just called me, he said he can't reach your phone" Sid quietly said walking in my room. I took a quick glance down at my phone, seeing the 20 lost called I missed.

"Wait, are you crying?" she asked walking closer,

"Can you please leave me alone? Please" I begged in a whisper, trying not to brust into tears in front of her.

"What's wrong?" she asked again, I just looked down at my phone just to see Evan calling again.

I signaled to her to read the article on my laptop, she glanced at me for a second and then at the opened internet page containing that new.

"That's bullshit. It has to be. I just talked to him and he said nothing about that, on the contrary, he asked about you"

"Yeah, maybe he's calling to tell me that I was just a mistake. That he's back on his steps again, his fame, his acting career, his rich guy life"

"Stop saying that. Don't you even think that. I know Evan, he would never do something like that"

"No, we don't. We know Tate, Kit, Kyle, Jimmy and March. We know Quicksilver. We know Kick-Ass' best friend. Not really him"

"I'm telling you I do know him. And he would never do that"

***

"Courtney we need to talk to you" my dad said with a dead serious expression, I've never seen him this serious since mom has left us. Which brought old sad memories back.

I followed him downstairs and took a sit around our kitchen table, as he signaled me to do. I took a deep breath, hiding my sweety hands and my tumbling. I knew something was up, something I wouldn't like.

"About?"

"Your life" Laura said.

"Tell me one of the things you'd like to do. The first that comes up you mind, the last thing you've been thinking you could do in your life" he added,

"Uhm, I don't know, a criminology course?"

"Great. Sid got it right, that's good new" he smiled, I looked at him and Laura in confusion.