Chapter 14 - Studio Apartment

I already worked at H&M for a week now, and the supervisor, Trent, decided to give me half of my monthly salary before the actual day of payment so I could pay a place where to stay. Don't get me wrong, I loved staying at Evan's, I just didn't want to be a weight for him. He agreed to come and visit me right after job while I fixed some things in my new Studio Apartment.

It wasn't too far away from Evan's house, though. My Apartment was in Wilshire Boulevard, 30 minutes by car from San Fernando Valley, but by foot it wasn't too far. He wasn't really happy about me moving out from his house but we both knew that it was going to happen anyway. It was just a temporary kind of thing, we both knew that.

I dropped my body on my long red couch and sighed loudly. A few minutes later I heard a soft knock at the door so I quickly got up, checked my hair in the mirror and opened it.

"Hello princess" Evan smiled as I happily hugged him tight, he soon pushed his soft warm lips on mine and we both stood there kissing for 2 full minutes.

"So, won't you show me around?" he asked as we pulled away with big smiles on our faces, I nodded, took his hand and showed him around the whole Apartment.

"It's really nice, I must admit it" he chuckled as we walked back to the living room / kitchen spot. We sat down on the couch and cuddled, looking at each other for a while.

"There's enough spot for two people in here" he smiled,

"Well, that means you can stay here whenever you what" I smiled back.

"So what's the point in moving" he asked, serious,

"Evan, we had to" I sighed as he softly layed his head on my shoulder, I caressed his hair slowly.

I carefully, soundlessly, turned my laptop on and watched Netflix. I took a quick glance at Evan who was now sleeping on my shoulder, I softly smiled and started running my fingers in his hair again.

My phone soon started buzzing, I sighed and picked up the call.

"Hey" I weakly said,

"Courtney, hey, uhm, we're in Los Angeles" Sidney said as I almost choked.

"What, why?"

"Mom and Dad had a weekend off from their jobs so we planned a little trip and, uhm, here we are"

"Cool, have fun" I said coldly as I hung up.

"What's the problem, little thing?" Evan suddenly asked with the sweetest tone ever, I quickly looked at him and drowned into his arms. He soon held me tight and kissed my forehead, running his warm fingers in my long brown hair.

"My family is here for the weekend" I sighed.

"That's a pity. We have a barbecue this weekend" he smiled as I stared at him in confusion.

"I forgot to tell you" he laughed, "Some of my friends planned a barbecue and invited me over telling me to take you with me. They can't wait to know you"

"Really?"

"Really" he grinned, kissing me slowly.