Chapter 8 - I Want His Love

"Landing in 5 minutes, please turn all of your devices off. The airplane mode setting is also acceptable. Welcome to Los Angeles"

I dropped my head on the plane's left side window, closing my eyes slowly.

Love Me More by Meghan Trainor playing in my ears. God bless earphones, and Music of course.

I had so many things to think about, that, in that moment, my brain went in a total black out mode. I haven't sleep at all, maybe only 20 minutes or so. I've been thinking about my dad, sending me away like this. Sid, Laura and Aaron, that knew it all but never told me shit about it. I've been thinking about the fact that I'm gonna restart my life all over again, starting from zero. No job, few money, and no place to call home. It was tough already. What if I'd screw it up? What it I was not good enough on my own, and have no idea how to deal with all this? It was a huge responsability weighting on my shoulders. I didn't know how long I will manage to take it. It was upsetting, frustrating, and kinda heartbreaking.

The plane soon landed, dropping on the third little wheel in the middle, causing all the passengers, me included, to jump and drop back on our seats. And, of course, I dropped my head on the window, but I felt no pain. Not that day. Not when I had so much to think about.

Everyone started cheering and clapping to the pilot, I had never really got why. My grandma once told me they do it because they're thankful to the pilot for not making us die or fall or something. But I still don't get it, it's his job. He should do that anyway.

I grabbed my backpack and slowly reached the end of the plane, walking down the stairs, as I finally touched the ground. It was so good to walk on earth again.

"Miss, left side" an officer said pointing to an elettric door not to far from where I am, I thankfully nodded and walked into the airport.

"Man, this place is huge" I gasped as my eyes freely ran wild from right to left and back, exploring the whole airport. I soon got distracted by my phone buzzing, I quickly grabbed it and opened the text.

"Ma'am, your taxi driver is on destination. Where can he find you?"

"99s bar, I guess it's called. This place is huge!"

"Coming, don't move! ;)"

I softly smiled down at my feet, feeling my cheeks turning to red. I quickly looked up and read a sign, McDonald's. Useless to say that I stared at it for probably 2 full minutes. I finally looked around just to see and handsome guy wandering around next to 99s bar.

I took a quick glance at him. His hair are lot shorter than the last time I've seen him, it really fit him. His dark eyes desperatedly looked around, looking for someone, me. I should've have to act mad, or weird, or I don't even know how, right? I didn't want him to see what effect he has on me. I didn't want him to know how he could make me melt down with only his presence in the same room as me. Not yet.

I let my heart act instead, not a good move. I quickly ran towards him and soon wrapped my arms around his soft warm comfy body, catching him off guard.

"Evan!" I yelled, hugging him the tighter I could,

"Woah. You never stop surprising me" he laughed.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm just so happy to see a familiar face in this huge crowed mess I'm in" I stuttered, blushing, as I quickly pulled away.

"No, hey, I liked that. Can I have another one please?" he smiles, the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. I softly laughed, still blushing, as I held him again.

***

"Nervous?" Evan asked as he started the car, I nervously nodded.

"It's gonna be alright. You can stay at my place for a couple of days if you want to, I'll be probably out most of time because of a new movie I'm filming right now. It's called X-Men: Apocalypse, such cool stuff" he smiled, taking a quick glance at me and then laying his eyes back on the road.

"T-Thank you. I don't know what to say"

"Say: Yes, Evan. I'd be honored to stay at your place, you're such a wonderful guy" he said with a serious tone as he soon looked at me and brusts into a loud laughter,

"Dumbass" I laughed back, blushing.

I looked out of the car window, ipnotized by the colorful streets we're driving through. I've read a lot about Los Angeles, I actually knew a couple of streets too. But I've never thought I could actually made it till there. It was gonna be tough, but I felt a lot better already. Now that Evan was there with me.

"So, what's up with Quicksilver? Tell the director I want a scene like that rallenty one in X-Men: Days of Past Future" I said, breaking the silence. He quietly looked at me with a wondering look, and then slowly smiled.

"I didn't know you liked that kind of stuff"

"X-Men is not really my thing. I've actually only watched the last one, just for Quicksilver, you know. He makes the whole movie worth to watch. He should've had more scenes though, it was heartbreaking when they left him behind" I smiled, he soon smiled back at me.

"It's not just for conversation. I care about your career" I added a few moments later,

"Well, thank you. I care about yours" he smiled.

"My career is being homeless and jobless" I joked, black humor isn't the best but who cares.

"I gave you a home for a while, and I'll give you my laptop once we get there so you can search jobs up and see what you can do but, most importantly, what you want to do"

"Thank you Evan, really. It means a lot"

I felt a lot calmer already, maybe I actually needed this. Wait no. Did I really need to be homeless and jobless to get what the finest things in life are? I didn't know what to think at this point, the only thing that came up in my mind is that I loved spending time with this guy. And I wanted his love.