Chapter 23 - Date Night

"Nervous?" Evan asked as he stopped the car by a place I've never been before.

It looked pretty famous though. The parking lot was crowded, and so was the entering door. Lots of people were dressed up formal, maybe way too much. Or, at least, that much to make me feel unappropriate. I was wearing a grey sleeveless dress with a short (not too much) skirt with black leather lines on it. Since I knew the wind would've grown stronger in this part of the year, even in Los Angeles, I decided to wear a black only-sleeves and, of course, a formal black jacket.

Evan was handsome as always, I thought. Doubtless. He was wearing a black suit on a white formal shirt and a black tie. He played with his hair, making it messy. And the hell if I loved it. I carefully glanced up at him and found him glancing back down at me. I smiled and blushed, laying my eyes on my feet.

As he opened the door for me and pulled me out of the car, my phone started buzzing. I scoffed and sighed as I picked up the call.

"What" I said coldly.

"Where are you?" my dad asked autoritarily.

"Out for dinner, I told Sidney to inform you" I scoffed, feeling like a 5 year old who needed permission to stay up late.

"With that guy? You barely know him"

"I strongly disagree. I'm not a little girl anymore, dad. Deal with it. I'm 21, I can choose myself who I go out with"

"Well, I disagree on that. How much do you know about that guy? Enough to going out with him?"

"Actually, yes. I gotta go now, I'm starving and busy" I coldly said as I hung up, just to see Evan staring at me with an unreadable look on his beautiful face.

"He should totally loose the grip" he gently spoke, showing off a small smile.

"Imagine what he would do if he knew we slept together" I laughed, he grinned widely as he interlocked his fingers with mine and let us in the restaurant.

As we walked in I could barely look forward. I made my eyes run freely, exploaring the whole place in amazement, hypnotized. The main cealing lights were weak, since there were small wall lamps all around the place. A young waiter made us follow him and led us to our table. I stopped and stared. In the middle of our table there were roses, as red as the pillows laying on our chairs. Our table was in a quiet corner, and it made me smile briefly. More intimacy for us, I thought.

"Evan, I-"

"Ah, nope. You won't have to say a word until I'm done impressing you" he smiled, I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"A piece of chocolate cake for you two, on the house" another waiter said with a small smile.

"Evan, seriously, how much did you have to pay for all this?"

"Do you really wanna bring that up now?" he asked rolling his eyes with a cute small chuckle. I stared at him with a dead serious expression, he sighed.

"Court, really, it's totally fine I promise. It's our night tonight, the anniversary of our first meeting. I don't care about money"

"I do care about that. I don't want you to spend too much because of me, you know that" I sighed.

"I promise you it's not that much. Now can we please drop it?" he said with a low voice, sounding suddenly sad.

"The cake is delicious" I added, switching the topic. He nodded as he took a bit from his plate.