Chapter 24 - Someone To Rely On

I glanced up at Evan for a few brief seconds before laying my eyes back on a shop's glass full of cool clothes. Sometimes it almost felt like it was still all a dream, and I was scared to death. I was frightened by the fact that one day I would just wake up and this was all just a dream again. Everything I've been through was still haunting me, even if a week had already passed by.

"Liking something?" Evan suddenly spoke, bringing me back to reality. I looked up at him and then looked at the clothes again.

"Sorry, I'm kinda off" I admited, "I can't stop being afraid of waking up without you someday"

"What about that dress? It's totally your style" he ignored, pointing at a pretty red dress laying on a person-shaped silver steel.

"Evan" I sighed, he glanced down at me and sighed as well.

"Drop it, Court. You have no reasons to be afraid, I'm assuring you since a whole week" he said with a frown. I looked down at my feet, tears burning in my eyes.

I felt bad, for everything. I felt bad for letting him down, for feeling like this. He was right. He assured me non-stop for a whole week, 24/7, and I actually feared him getting tired of keep on assuring me. I didn't mean to feel that way. Of course I didn't. But, well, it just happened.

I nodded, trying hard to hold back my salty tears. He sighed again, wrapping his arms around me as I suddenly took a step backwards.

"It's okay. I'm fine. You're right" I tried, my voice cracking.

"Courtney, baby, I don't wanna be right. I just want you to feel good again" he sighed again.

"I will, it's just fine" I quickly said.

After a few minutes of us walking through the shopping center in completely silence, I felt two strong arms holding me from behind. I held him closer and layed my head on his chest. I slowly turned to face him and gazed up into his deep brown eyes. His hair was a little messy due to the wind, and him continuely running his hand in it when nervous or embarassed. It was cute. Everything about him was cute. But, what made him the guy I loved was that, not only he was cute and dorky, he also attracted me, sexually of course. It's human nature, after all. Nothing to be ashamed of.

He gave me a small nod, as he soon kissed my nose. I smiled, a tear escaped my eye.

"I love you, Evan Peters" I quietly spoke in a whisper.

"I love you too, sweet thing" he smiled, "Even if-"

 I cut him off by pushing my lips on his, but soon realized he could've maybe said something that could've pushed away my willing to kiss him.

"Even if?" I asked as I quickly pulled away, he grinned.

"Even if you're extremely hard to take" he said. I looked up at him, trying to read his expression.

"In a good way, of course. You're challenging, keeps me fit" he laughed, I sighed of relief and pulled him into a bear hug.

***

I smiled at the smell of chicken coming from the kitchen. Julie decided to come at Evan's place (well, where he was staying, since we were still phisically in New Orleans) and join us for dinner. I felt kinda nervous in having her over, even though I had already met her. I used to find it hard to feel completely comfortable with having people over, feeling not good enough and easy to be judged. I knew Julie wouldn't judge me though, and I would've probably feel comfortable after a few minutes of her being in the house.

She eventually rang the bell, I quickly made it to the door and opened it with a small smile. She was wearing formal black pants, a dark grey glittery shirt, black shoes, and a burgundy warm coat.

"You can give your coat to me, Mrs.Peters. It's so nice seeing you again" I politely said, she looked at me in confusion.

"I-I mean, it's so nice seeing you. No again" I quickly added with a nervous giggle, remembering that everything before this last week was just a dream or a spiritual travel or something.

"Thank you, it's nice seeing you too" she simply said. Great, she thinks I'm a weirdo.

Evan soon walked into the living room and prepared our plates of lasagna, keeping the chicken in the oven for a little more. He also brought orange juice and lemonade on the table with a big smile, as we all sat around it. He smiled brieftly at me as he introduced me to his mother, I returned and eventually looked away, feeling Julie's eyes on me.

"Oh my god. Did you cook the lasagna?" she asked in surprise, looking at her beloved son.

"Courtney did. Isn't it delicious?" Evan proudly said with a wide grin.

"You did?" she asked, I quietly nodded and blushed.

"It's really good! Really! Good job" she happily said with a big smile.

"She also made the lemonade and the orange juice" he added as she looked at me again, same big smile.

"Actually, we made it. Together. And he made the chicken. It's really delicious, you'll see" I corrected him. He blushed and smiled, I returned it and blushed as well.

"Ahw, look at you too. You guys make a really good couple. Cause you're together, right?" she asked with a smirk, Evan laughed.

He looked at me for a second like waiting for my permission, I nodded and chuckled at his cuteness.

"Yes we are, mom" he finally said.

"Ah, I knew that! You are the girl I perfectly pictured my son to be with. I'm so happy that you're happy" she happily said. I smiled and layed my eyes on Evan.

"I am, happy" he spoke, blushing.

"We are" I corrected him again, he chuckled, his cheeks still warm and bright.

The night went by pretty fast. The dinner was great, just a couple of embarassing moments but I expected it. I actually thought worse. Evan and I optioned for not to tell her about our situation. About how we met in another dimension or I don't even know how to explain it yet. We both didn't know what it was exactly, so, explaining it to someone else was a hell of a challenge. We decided to tell her eventually, just not now. It was our first meeting, after all, from her point of view. It would've been both embarassing and weird. And we didn't want that, not now.

"Where have I seen you before?" she finally spoke as we sat on Evan's couch.

"She was in the room next to mine in the hospital. She's the girl of the car crash" Evan replied. I silently sighed, still not liking the idea of that. But, at least, I had him.

"Oh, yeah! Are you okay now?"

"Y-Yeah, thank you" I replied.

"You know, it was unusual. Evan woke up right when you went to coma. It was heartbreaking of course, but I've always thought there was something more than that. Like you gave your energy to save him, and it worked. It probably sounds weird, I'm sorry" she said, Evan and I slowly smiled at the same moment.

"Guess it was meant to be then" Evan smirked holding my hand, I grinned and layed my head on his warm comforting chest.