Chapter 25 - Life Decisions

I woke up in Evan's arms and briefly smiled with my eyes still closed as I realized it. I softly sighed and kept smiling like a fool. The atmosphere was eventually shut down by my phone buzzing. I rolled my eyes and picked up the call.

"Hello?" I whispered.

"Courtney? Where are you? Why are you whispering?"

"Hold on a sec" I added as I slowly, carefully, slid out of Evan's bed and reached the living room.

"Okay, ssup?" I said now with a louder voice.

"I covered your ass last night. I told dad you slept here and then left early this morning"

"Sidney, really, no need to do that. I'm old enough for this" I scoffed, upset.

"You've been in coma for a whole year. Then you finally wake up and what? You start spending all your hours with a guy you barely know? Sleeping with him too? Have you slept with him? Oh god, Courtney, please"

"I know how this sounds to you but, trust me. Just trust me. I know what I'm doing"

As I hung up, I reached the kitchen and started making breakfast. I was no good cook, but I wasn't that bad either. I liked to cook, and, actually, I liked doing literally anything. I just liked challenging myself in doing new things and do better.

I reached out a flat pat and started making pancakes. While, in other two pats, I also made strolled eggs and bacon. I then grabbed oranges and made a fresh homemade orange juice, my favorite.

"You would actually make me wanna marry you like this" a voice spoke, I jumped. I slowly turned with a big smile and faced him.

"Morning sleepy" I widely grinned.

"Morning cooky" he smiled with a sleepy face. I laughed at his cuteness and served him breakfast.

"I have a propose for you" he suddenly spoke, taking a sip from his orange juice. I stared at him, frozen.

"It's no big deal, relax" he laughed. I swallowed loudly and nodded, waiting for him to keep on talking.

"I was just wondering, uhm, you know, since I live in Los Angeles and you have no job here. And, well, we're officially a couple.."

"What" I asked, my heart in my throat.

"Do you, uhm, you think you wanna move in with me?" he finally spoke after a few seconds of hesitation.

"Evan.." I said in shock, a whisper.

"I mean, it's an important step. I'm aware of that. So if you need time to think about it I'm, well, I can wait" he added rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"No, Evan, I- I want to"

"You, you do?" he asked with a gasp.

"You thought not?" I chuckled, he blushed and looked down.

"I would love to move in with you, Evan Peters" I smiled, my cheeks warm, as I planted a sweet kiss on his warm soft lips. He widely smiled, I returned it and kissed him some more, slowly.

***

I took another deep breath and unlocked my house's door (well, my dad's and Laura's actually), just to see dad, Laura, Aaron, Sidney and my grandma staring at me.