Chapter 18 - Clear As Mud

Evan stopped the car into a dark narrow pathway, I wandered around with my eyes, looking for some kind of sign that could somehow relaxed me. I was internally panicking, and I didn't even know why. I saw Evan getting off the car, so I anxiously followed him with my eyes as he soon reached my side and opened the door for me. I looked up at him in fear, he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not gonna rape you or anything" he said, I blankly stared at him some more and got off the car.

We walked for a few more seconds, reaching out an isolated place on an hidded beach. As I felt the sand running in my shoes I soon stopped and looked down, blinking a couple of times.

"Are you okay?" Evan asked, I shook my head no, soon covering my eyes with my trembling hands as I suddenly started crying.

"It's okay, I'm here. I'm sorry if I sounded mad or anything, I'm not, I promise" he sweetly whispered in my ear as he soon held me tight in his warm comforting arms.

"C'mon, few more steps and we're there" he assured as he wiped my tears away, I nodded and followed him slowly. Even though he assured me in any way, I still felt numb and kinda stupid. I can't tell you why, I just did.

"What a lazy ass you are, you're taking forever!" he yelled from the end of the beach with a grin, I softly smiled and wiped my tears away again, running towards him.

"Ugh, finally" he sighed, trying to hide his grin, I softly smiled.

"Shut up" I sofly pushed his shoulder.

"Yeah? Come here" he smirked as he soon pulled me to him and planted his warm lips on mine. I surrendered to the touch and let him kiss me some more, as we both loved.

"Here" he smiled as we slowly pulled away. I took a quick glance at our feet and noticed a dark blue wide sea towel laying on the sand. I looked up at him in confusion, he just grinned and laughed a little.

"Pic nic" he proudly smiled as he grabbed two tacos from his backpack.

"Tacos? From Taco bell?" I asked, laughing at him.

"So what? I couldn't think of anything better. You should feel lucky, Miss Courtney" he crossed his arms, trying to sound offended.

"Sure, I do" I laughed.

We started eating our Tacos, while talking and laughing about literally anything. I told him how I fell from my bike the very first time I tried, and he confessed me how he bumped into a pale on his first day of shooting for American Horror Story. Everything about him just sounded awesome and interesting. I was really listening to him, to every word he was saying, and he was doing the same. It almost felt surreal.

"And after that, I had that song stuck in my head for a whole week! How sick is that?" he loudly laughed,

"I love that song!" I happily yelled as I started singing, he laughed even louder.

"All my life has been a series of doors in my face,

and then suddenly I bumped into you"  I sang, laughing out loud.

"I was thinking the same thing! 'Cause, like, I've been searching my whole life to find my own place,