Chapter 1

Tyrese -

I was at the basketball court on 55th in Green shooting hoops with my homies Durrell, and Elgin. Something we always did when we had nothing else to do. Class was canceled for today, and we didn't feel like going to the studio because we had been there all night last night.

"Yo Ty, you going to Chris's Halloween party this weekend?" Durrell asked as he shot a three. Elgin went down and caught the ball. "Chris who?" I asked as Elgin passed me the ball. I dribbled past him and dunked on them both.

"Chris bridge's with the braids, kinda tall light skinned he on the football team," Elgin stated.

"Yeah I might swing by," I said as I sat down on the bleachers to have a drink of Gatorade.

"Word, so who you taking with you," Durrell asked."I don't know shit maybe I'll just go by myself," I said as I wiped the sweat that was building up on my forehead.

"Man you can't go to no party by yaself, you gotta have a date bruh," Durrell said as he tied his shoes. "Shit maybe he can take Taraji," Elgin smirked.

"Hell yeah man, I'll bring Kim, Elgin gone bring his girl we can go to IHOP later," Durrell replied. "Nah man, y'all know me and Taraji just friends, she might not even wanna go with me," I replied.

"Tyrese, come on man, everybody know you and Taraji like each other, you need to man up and cuff her before somebody else take ya spot," Elgin said as he grabbed his gym bag.

"Look y'all, like I said. Me and Taraji just friends, I got a class, I'll see y'all later," I said as I grabbed my red Nike gym bag. "Iight bruh, we'll see you later on at the studio," Durrell said shaking his head.

~~~~~~>

Tyrese-

After taking a shower and changing in the locker room, I dried off and threw on a pair of jogging pants, a Tupac tee shirt, some socks and my Nike hyper dunk gym shoes. I grabbed my book bag and my gym bag and headed to my Poetry class.

No lie this was my favorite class. This is were most of the motivation for writing music had come from. My Professor Mr. King always encourages me to excel and do better. Most of the poems that I've written for Taraji has been written right here in this class. I'll never be able to show Taraji the poems because I don't know how she feels about me.

We been friends since kindergarten, are families love each other. My mom and her mom are the best of friends. During the holidays when I can't afford to go home, I crash at Taraji's place. Her mother always makes sure I get a comfortable bed and a hot place. She treats me just like I'm her son.

Me and Taraji did everything together. We went on Prom together, went to elementary, high school, and now college together. Hopefully one day, she'll become my wife and the mother of my children.

I made my way in class and sat near the front were I always sit. I plugged my phone up in the wall and took out my textbook. I grabbed my notebook and pen as well. I was scrolling through my timeline when Taraji, Kim, Kerri, Rih, And Mary walked in.

"Taraji come on over here and sit by yo man!" Mary yelled. I couldn't help but laugh at her ghetto ass she played to fucking much. "We're just friends, Mary," Taraji said as she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey bean head," she said as she sat down next to me. "Wassup T," I said as my heart began to pound. I never knew why it did that. But I got butterflies every time she came around.

"Girl that ain't no way to great your man!" Kerri said as she and Mary sat down behind us. "Girl you know how Boogie Taraji be acting. She know she want that handsome ass chocolate man over there," Kim laughed.

We all bursted out in laughter. "'Maybe Taraji ain't interested in a scrub," Terrance said as he walked in the class room. I rolled my eyes and chuckled at the nigga. He always had something smart to say. I didn't let his goofy ass bother me.

"Yeah, ya moms wasn't saying that last night," I said. "Damn," Mary said. "What you saying bitch ass nigga," He said as he stepped up to me. I stood up standing over him. His short ass did not pose a threat to me at all.

"You heard what the fuck I said bruh," I said

"Yeah, why don't you put all that action into your school work young men," Professor King said as he walked into the classroom.

Me and Terrance stood there looking at each other. Finally after staring me down he walked away and sat down in the back of the classroom.

I sat down and turned around not even looking at Taraji or anybody else.

~~~~~~~>

Taraji-

Tyrese was so fucking sexy. He was everything I liked in a man. He had biceps for days. He was my Hershey bar. I loved my niggas to be chocolate, and he was definitely that. I glanced over at him and he had his headphones in with his face buried in his phone.

I was about to get started on my work when my phone started vibrating. It was a text from Mary.
Bestfriend : Bitch stop staring at him and just talk to him. You know you want to :)

I chuckled and ignored her message. Instead I sent Tyrese a text. To My future husband : what are you doing tonight?

I put my phone in my pocket and began doing my assignment. Five minutes later my phone vibrated again. My future husband : nothing going to the studio why?

Me: can you come over to me and Mary's dorm room.

My future husband : yeah sure

Me : okay <3

My future husband : <3

Now all I had to do was keep Mary's nosey ass out the room.