Chapter 2

Kyle had never looked this angry before, not even when I've left marks on him from trying to struggle. Something about the darkness in his eyes made me felt like my life was in danger.

I've always had that feeling , but this was a lot stronger than before.

I feared the worst was soon to come to me if I even let out a whimper so, I stayed quiet and still. The murderous looks on his face was all I could see before my eyes were filled with tears while my throat knotted and tensed up. I was defenseless to this predator, my time was up and there was no longer any other options; it was time to face my demons and allow them to consume me with pain and inevitable death.

Kyle looked down on me. I hadn't noticed this before, my body was covered in small scars, fainted bruises, and small burns he had left on my skin. I was his ashtray, his punching bag, his cutting board, his toy to use and abuse whenever and wherever. I had no say so in anything. My voice was never heard, it didn't exist and neither did I. The dark realization of knowing that you'll never matter to someone who you've given everything to hurts so much.

I gave him my purity, my love, basically my life and he tossed all that away so he can use me. It hurts to know that someone you love so much can hurt you worse than anyone else. I looked up momentarily just to see what he was doing when I realized that no one was there, a worrying feeling began to develop.

I stood up making sure that Kyle wasn't lurking somewhere in the room but, to my surprise, everything was clear. It's like he had vanished so quickly, fear flowed through my body as I walked around the house and continued to look for the demon in the shadows.

I wanted to run, run far away from here and never return, but whenever I ran, Kyle always found me. It's an endless cycle of cat and mouse, I'll never win this game because of my disadvantage and the resources he had obtained. The man I used to love had changed for the worse, or maybe, I've been too naive to notice who he truly is. The fear in my body made it hard for me to breathe as I placed my hand on my chest, I hadn't been this scared in years but, I was only dealing with just one version of Kyle I assume. Still, confused as to why David left even after I had hit him? I'm sure he wanted to hurt me, especially after Kyle had struck me, instead he looked even more pissed? Why was that?

I went to go find my phone to call one of his friends, I forgot where I put it but hoped it was in my bedroom. Running to my room, I looked for my phone.

Shit, shit, shit, I need to find it.

I felt something in Kyle's coat pocket but instead of it being my phone it was Kyle's. Putting in his password and happily found that Ian had been calling, thank goodness I didn't have to look for his number.

I called him back.

"Where the fuck is Olivia, what did you do to her you bastard!?!"

"It's me, Ian, I need you to hurry up and pick me up...I don't know where he is and I need to be somewhere safe. I don't know if I'll survive the night if I'm here...please help me"

"I'll be there in 5 minutes, protect yourself the best way you can."

Then he hung up. I had 5 minutes till I was saved and I still didn't know where Kyle had been lurking...the anxiety in my chest made me breathless.

Closing the door and locking it, then opened the window just in case he had broke through the door. I could happily make a quick escape and hope that Ian will see me if I do leave.

Slowly, I walked around the room trying to find a weapon to defend myself with, I saw one of the metal bats Kyle used when he and his friends used to play baseball. It felt heavy and that was good. I didn't want to hurt him, the last thing I could ever do was hurt him, but it may have to come down to it today.