Chapter 7

Oh my way to my first interview ever I was beyond nervous, my hands shook and I was counting to calm my breathing, I repeated my responses to myself as I looked out the window. The sky was cloudy, wonderful, it's going to rain on me, how lucky am I. I huffed as I messaged Quintin to reschedule the other interviews for another day. I wanted to get everything done in one day so I could know which company to prepare to work for but, that idea is ruined because of shitty weather. He responded that they can't be rescheduled at such a short notice, and that it should be an umbrella in the back of the car. Hmm, did he know it was gonna rain? If so why didn't he tell me before I went out to do the interviews, I should've looked at the news but I was rushing to leave and catch a cab but lucky he sent me a someone to drive me to each of my interviews, as he parked I grabbed the umbrella and thanked him.

As I slightly rushed I was greeted by a beautiful women with the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen "Hello, do you have an interview?"

"Yes, I'm sorry if this sounds weird but you have the prettiest brown eyes I've seen"

"That's very flattering, thank you. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor and go straight until you see a big door"

"Okay" I took the elevator and followed her directions until I see the door. Once I opened it I was greeted by a male around my age, the interview went by quickly and he said he'll contact me in 2-5 days. Within 5 hours I had been to all my interviews, all my potential bosses were kind and welcoming, finally it had stopped raining just in time for me to get something to eat. "Can I get a polish and fries with ketchup" I handed the man exact change then he told me it should be ready in 10 minutes, even to my stomach that was way too long to wait, but I didn't protest or rush him, thankfully time went by quickly and my stomach was filled with the most amazing polish I've ever had "Omg this taste amazing" I covered my mouth as I spoke to prevent any food coming out "Can I get two more, I swear I'll eat here everyday it's that good"

The man smiled as he made me two more "Buy one get one free sweetheart, you've made my day" I smiled as I handed him $15

"Please keep the change, I'll feel guilty if I didn't pay for both" He smiled even more before hugging me, I hugged him back with a soft smile.

"Come buy anytime and I'll throw in something extra free of charge"

"O-okay, thank you have a wonderful day" I walked towards the car and handed the driver a polish and fries.

"Thank you Nova"

"No problem, you've been such a great driver so I decided to pay for lunch"

"That's very kind, thank you again" after he finished his lunch he drove me home, I offered to give him a tip but her promptly refused and informed me that Quintin told him not to accept any money from me, it bothered me but I understand his why he told him this. I walked back into the condo aimlessly tossing myself onto the couch, sadly I hit my head on the arm of the couch "Ow" it didn't hurt that badly but saying it was basically a reflex I could barely control, that and a few other things are like nervous twitches.

I was shocked when I didn't hear Kelsi interrogating me with thousands of questions of my interview, instead of waiting for her to come I called her, how could I stupidly forget that me being around her would put her life in danger. Anxiety started to knot my stomach up as I patiently waited for her to answer "Hello?" she said sleepily

"You had me scared, why didn't you leave a note or call me, you had me worried"

"I'm sorry Li- I mean Nova, I just had to go visit someone"

"Was it the man from the club?"

"Nope, actually my ex, we're back together"

"Wow, your finally off the market again, congratulations"