Chapter 12

This all felt so new to me. The feeling of actually being wanted by a man made anxiety flow through my body. It was this tingling feeling in the tip of my fingers and cheeks, was this the feeling of happiness, or am I seconds away from hyperventilating? Honestly, I didn't know but I was scared and thrilled.

Instead of going outside again I decided to look for some tea, so many cabinets to search through, maybe I should just ask if he has any? It's still sorta rude to look through someone's things even though I've spent so many days and several weeks over here, it still felt weird. Quietly I made my way to his room hoping he wasn't already fast asleep from exhaustion. Peeking in a bit just to see if he was already sleeping, but instead I heard the shower running. Instantly I blushed so hard my face felt hot. Gosh, I'm not some silly school girl who has a crush on some older boy, I'm a grown women in the house of the man who has helped me grow in many ways. I'll just ask him where the tea is then leave him to continue to shower.

Taking a deep breath I walked in and knocked on the bathroom door. "Quintin... Do you know if you have any tea? I want to make some before I go to sleep." Suddenly I heard the shower turn off catching me slightly off guard. "If I'm disturbing your time in the shower, I-I can just make me some coffee." My anxiety started to to act up so suddenly, I was confused. Mentally I told myself to stop putting off going to the see a therapist. Then the door finally opened, his hair covered part of his eyes making him look even more handsome and mysterious.

"What's wrong, you look anxious? Is everything ok?" His hand caressed my face sending a chill down my spine. Then he looked me in the eyes and it seemed like everything disappeared around us.

"I-I'm fine... I just wanted to know if you had any tea."

"I'll get it for you."

"You don't have to Quintin, I can do it. I just wanted to know where it was." It was hard for me to keep my voice from changing, I'm going to mess this up. Just let him get it for you, he might get frustrated. The voice in my head told me, it might be right. "Fine, I'll let you get it, thank you for being so helpful."

"It's no reason to thank me, are you sure your ok?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Honestly, don't worry about me that much." He looked at me for a bit longer before nodding as we made our way to the kitchen. I definitely was going to need his help to get the tea.

"Sorry, Sayy likes to hide it in weird places. I have no clue why, but it's sorta her thing. What type of tea?"

"Camomile." He moved some stuff around until he found it, then handed it to me. All I felt was my face becoming hotter as I stood there, I'm so embarrassed.

"You look cute when you blush." His voice made butterflies move in my stomach, everything about him made me, I don't know, feel safe. "If you want to, you know you can sleep in my room tonight. It's enough of room for two, I'd enjoy the company."

"I-I'll think about it." Quickly I moved to put some water in a kettle so it can heat up, as I waited Quintin continued to small talk me.

"So, how the company treating you? Any complaints?"

"None so far, apparently I get to meet the CEO soon because of how good I'm doing."

"Promotion?"

"Yes I'm being promoted, I'm so excited. I feel so... Normal." I said unknowingly.

"Normal huh? As our relationship progresses, will you eventually open up to me?"

"If we last, then yes. Let's just say it's really hard for me to trust people."

"I can tell, you hungry?"

"A little." While I made myself a cup of tea, he started to make some sandwiches for us. We talked about a few things, like our week, likes and dislikes, favorite TV shows, etc. But then he asked me a question that caught me off guard completely.