Chapter 17

I couldn't sleep at all, Quintin's hurt glance was the only thing I kept seeing. What happened? Did I say or do something? I wish he'd tell me so I could apologize to him. It wasn't that late so I went to go see how he was doing.

"Are you up?" He had a drink in his hand, I assumed it with whiskey cause it was dark. I've never seen him drink dark liquor before.

"Yes, I thought you were going to sleep?"

"I tried, but it doesn't seem possible right now." The stench of whiskey made me want to gag, I hated that smell so much, why did he have to drink it!

"Can you please stop drinking that..."

"Why?"

"If you don't want to all you have to say is no, did I do something wrong?"

"How many times are you going to ask me this question, I've said no twice already, just drop it."

His tone was harsh, why is he so upset? I'm so confused right now. "Why are you acting like this? If I didn't do anything wrong, why have you been distant from me... Is it because I didn't want to be your Submissive? Is it because we haven't had sex yet? I'm lost..."

"God, do you still think I only want you for sex or just to be my Submissive? Do you really view me as someone who only wants you for your body!?"

"Then why are you so upset? Don't yell at me, I don't deserve this shit."

"You know you can pestering as hell? Why couldn't you just stay in the bed, why the hell did you have to come out here? What do you want?"

"We've been doing good, I've never seen you like this before,"

"Relaxed and to myself? I'm sorry, am I not allowed to have that luxery? Do you really need to be under me 24/7 to feel comfortable?"

"I'm sorry if I'm so needy..."

The moment he stood up I stepped back swiftly, Quintin's face filled with disbelief and pain. My heart beat rapidly, he made me nervous, the old part of me wanted to run and hide until the morning.

"Do you really think I'm going to hurt you?" The hurt in his voice wasn't hidden, but what was I supposed to do? He was honestly scaring me. I hated when people would get angry at me, all he needed to do was tell me why he was acting like this!

"I-I'm not sure... Please step back, your too close to me,"

"You really think I'm just like him? Have you been anticipating on the day I put my hands on you and beat you to submission?"

My body felt weak, why is he acting like this... Why would he say something like that to me. Does he know how badly that messes with my head? "If your going to hit me, t-then just do it already. I've been preparing myself for this day since we've met,"

"God your unbelievable! Do you really want me to put my hands on you? Is that really what you want?"

"I should go... This was a mistake, all of it. I'm sorry I came into your life and ruined it," I messaged Kelsie and Willow to see if either would answer. Thankfully, Kelsie replied right away.

"I never said that, Nova,"

I almost corrected him, it's definitely time for me to go. "I know we aren't together, but we obviously need a break from each other. I don't want either of us to do something we'd regret, Kelsie is on her way to pick me up."

Not looking at him at all, too afraid to see if he was even more upset. He said nothing, just walked out the door. By the time Kelsie was outside he still hadn't returned.