Chapter 10

What the hell is he doing here? Why the hell is he with Kelsie? How the fuck does Kelsie know him? Where did they meet? I felt sick to my stomach. All the memories of our childhood flooded back into my head, instantly receiving a slight migraine.

I need a drink, ASAP! Why can't my past stay there.

"So Kelsie, how long have you two known each other?" Jasper and Kelsie couldn't have met through me, she'd been living two cities away from me when we first met at college, I know William would never send his kids to a small town community college, so how was this possible?

"A few months maybe, we met at one of my work meetings and hit things off right away."

I don't even know how to respond to that, out of all them, it had to be Jasper. Not listening to anyone else, I missed the question I was ask.

"Nova, did you hear me?" Kelsie looked at me a bit concerned, forgetting that I never told her about my childhood outside of me leaving home due to issues.

"I'm sorry, you know I zone out sometimes. What did you say?"

"Are you two going to move-in together? You've been over there so much, you might as well. It might make you two closer."

"Have you two moved in together?"

"Oh hell no, no offense, but we know I love my personal space too much to allow anyone to live with me, you being the exception of course. I just feel like it'll be good for both of you to live together."

Is this a nice way of saying she wants me to move out so she can spend more time with him? I don't mind moving out, I'm rarely there, but why him!

"I agree, I don't have many things, as long as it's fine with Quintin. I don't want to move in with out his ok, that would be invasive."

"It's fine with me, I'm sure Sayyora would love to have you live with us"

"Sayyora? You have a daughter?"

"I'm his niece, though he's more of a parent to me than my sperm and egg donors,"

"I love you already, I can tell you already have lethal clap backs."

"Yup, that's why I stay in the principal's office,"

"Her need to be honest is just too much for some."

"I'm top class authentic, a rare breed of honesty." Sayyora smirked.

"I love her already, how old are you?"

"15,"

"Ah, the age where I got my smart mouth and spoke my mind. Do you have any kids Jasper?"

"No, not at all. I don't want kids for the next 5-7 years, my patience isn't that good yet."

"5-7 years? Wow, your crazy. I can understand 2-3 years, but you want to be closer to your 30s when you decide to settle down?"

"Not necessarily settle down, marriage definitely isn't on my mind."

"So you want kids, but don't want to be married?"

"Yup, marriage seems to be more complicated than I'd like. Also, it cost nothing to break up with someone, divorce takes too much time and too much money."

"I don't know, I love the thought of calling someone my husband"

"I don't want to sound like a downer, but marriages don't always last, too many people put up a facade till their deep in a marriage, then suddenly you wake up to someone new. I just don't want to risk it, maybe my mind will change one day,"

"Maybe, sounds like you've been through this before. Have you ever been married Jasper?"

"No, just grew up with my father marrying my mother, then he married someone else not that long after. I seen how the divorce hurt her and I never wanted to go through that pain."

"Oh... Have you ever been married Quintin?"

"No, marriage is what I want in the future, but it would require me to love someone a lot to go through with it." He seemed to suddenly got uncomfortable, I'm curious as to why, but I won't ask.

Sayyora looked like she wanted to say something, but didn't. Maybe this conversation is making her uncomfortable due to her parents splitting up.

"Do you want to get married?" Kelsie asked me, and honestly mind went blank. I'd never really thought about marriage to be honest.

"Well after my parents divorce, I was really unsure about the thought of marriage. I'd seen how much it could destroy a family, especially the children involved and it may not be worth it in my eyes."

"I guess I'm the only one who can't really relate to the whole growing up in a marriage thing, my mom and dad were pretty much whores, I got lucky to be adopted into a really nice family, they also kept me and my siblings in contact. But by the sounds of it, marriage is hard as hell, but I'll be my hopes high."

"A luxery I wish I had," I mistakingly mumbled.

"Has your mom from hell still kept the contact information from you? What's her problem!?"

"I don't even want to think about it, things will eventually work out, my past always seems to find a way back into my life, one way or another." I side eyed Jasper before taking a sip of wine. As we slowly finished our food and drinks, the conversation changed thankfully. By the end of the night Sayyora and Kelsi were like bestfriends, they even planned to go shopping together. It was cute to see Kelsi like this, she'll be a great mom one day.

Though I kept side eyeing Jasper randomly, I just couldn't help it. Everytime he looked at me I remembered what he put me through when we were growing up.