Chapter 5

Fuck him, fuck Kyle, fuck life! Lloyd dragged me to the side of the club so we could finish the 'discussion' in peace.

"Why are you being so difficult Vi" the horrible pet name Kyle called me in situations with options. It was basically 'vi'ctory or 'vi'olence.

"You don't have the right to call me that. You don't have the right to do any of this. Just say I died or something please"

"And when he finds out your alive he'll kill me. I'm not stupid sweetie, I like my life as much as you like yours"

"Then leave me alone!"

"Can't do that, I gotta pay for my twin's medical bills once their born and pay my mortgage. I don't want to do this... but I have to."

"What if I could find a way to get you out of the situation. Would you change your mind"

"Life isn't that simple, he knows what my family looks like, I won't risk their safety just to spare you"

"Please, I just want to live the life I always wanted to. It isn't fair."

"Everything in life has a cost, even the free things have to pay a fee"

This whole situation is suffocating to me. My anxiety shot up as I saw another man behind Lloyd. His physic was slim but muscular, the color of his eyes glowed as the lights surrounding the club shined in his direction. They were a magnificent tropical color, I rarely saw any other eye color other than brown and different varieties of blue.

"What's the problem?"

His deep, husky, voice made my legs weak. How tall was he? 6'0? Maybe 6'2? When the mystery man's eyes fell on me I could barely remember how to breathe. I fear and desire swirled in my body as we locked eyes, I feeling of relief replaced it once he looked away.

"I assume you both aren't together since your arguing in an alley, so why are you harassing this woman?"

"It isn't harassment, I'm trying to talk some sense into her before she makes the worst mistake of her life"

"Is this true?"

"Yes and no"

"Explain" he leaned against the wall waiting for my explanation.

"I and he are having a disagreement on arrangements"

"Ah, so what's your story?" Lloyd quickly explained how he couldn't support his family if I didn't agree to come with him. Thankfully he didn't tell my part of the story, I want to keep my old life in the past. He seemed emotionless while listening to the sad story. "Hmm, alright. I'll pay for it all, just send me the bill." He handed him a piece of paper "This is a condo not too far from here on the outskirts of town. You'll be safe there and I'll send you groceries. Once the twins are born and your new identities come in I'll wire you 4 million dollars. You then can come work for my company and have a salary of $100,000 until you work your way up the business ladder. My lawyers will meet you at your hotel tomorrow and you can Skype your family and discuss the name change" Lloyd sobbed silently the whole time he spoke. This man was some sort of angel.

"Thank you, thank you so much" they both shook hands "I'm sorry Nova, please forgive me"

"Of course I will" We hugged then he took the next taxi to his hotel.

"So do you usually give money away to complete strangers?"

"Only those who need it. I don't like the thought of families suffering due to such a stupid thing as money. I make enough to not worry about a few million dollars"