Chapter 23

The night with David was filled with sex, rope, lube, and butt plugs but, I couldn't stop thinking about having to get therapy in the morning. I wasn't ready for this, I didn't think it was going to actually go, not this year at least. But, here I am, in his office counting down the minutes until I have to sit in front of a stranger and talk about my trauma.

This is some bullshit.

"Why did I agree to this shit? I should've just said no and left it at that. I'm such an idiot."

Anxiety was causing my head and chest to hurt. Why did therapist even exist? How will telling a stranger what happened to me going to fix anything?

"Are you ready?"

"No, not really...."

"Well you don't have a choice,"

"Actually I do, I'll always have a choice"

"You know what I mean,"

"I do, but don't say it like that."

"I'm sorry,"

I said nothing as I made my way towards the door, silently cursing myself as I walked down the hall to the room labeled 'Therapist office'. My chest felt like it was about to cave in as I slowly opened the door. A dark haired woman was sitting down while going through some files. I cleared my throat to gain her attention, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible. She looked up at me then sent me a soft smile.

"Hello, you must be Olivia?"

"Yes, I'm Olivia. Ms?"

"Ms. West, please sit down. You look very nervous,"

"I am, this is my first time sitting in front of a therapist..."

"I see, I'm use to my first time clients being nervous and filled with anxiety. Take as much time as you need to for you to get comfortable." Mentally preparing myself to finally get this off my chest over time, I didn't want to overwhelm myself or the therapist so I decided to just tell her the surface issues.

"Are you comfortable yet?"

"Yes,"

"That's great to know. So tell me where this all started."

"What are you speaking of specifically?"

"What was the day things got bad. David informed me that your problems stem from an ex."

"Oh... Well it all started the day I ran away from home, and ran into Kyle. He picked me up, took me to his place, fed me, bought me new clothes, got my hair done and etc. I had my own room, credit card, and I was even enrolled into college for two years."

"Sounds like he was very kind to you."

"Yea, he was, until after I had to transfer to online school due to the rumors that started to swarm the campus. That's when he changed, though he was already different before I took online school, but still."

"Tell me as much as your comfortable with, I've taken an oath to never speak of what my clients have told me. Your safe here, Olivia."

I spent the next hour basically repeating what I told Quintin, she kept her composure, took a few notes, and then time was up.

"How do you feel after our session?"

"Ok, I guess."

"Well I'll be looking forward towards seeing you next week. Goodbye, Olivia."

"Goodbye, Ms. West."

Well I felt like I just wasted an hour of my time. It was only the first session, so maybe it would just take time for it to work.