Chapter 18

It's been a month since I've been living back with Kelsie, I hadn't talked to Quintin at all, I was still gathering the strength to tell him everything. But during my lunch breaks I spent time with Willow and Zachary, he was really nice, we've been getting close I guess. It's not like me and Quintin are a thing, so it's not wrong for me to keep my options open, but I wasn't looking forward to the charity dinner tonight. Quintin would be there, along with David, and whoever else had an important position in these companies. I wasn't ready to face him, though Kelsie will be there accompanying Jasper, as his date. The meetings and trips with David never got uncomfortable, he kept things strictly business and never tried anything to my luck.

"Ready for this beautifully, stressful dinner tonight?"

She helped me with my hair as I adjusted the dress, honestly I wasn't ready, this was going to be awkward. "No, not really. I actually want to get drunk and stay here."

"Too bad, you have to look sexy tonight and make Quintin get on his knees and beg you to come back,"

"He's probably bringing someone else anyways,"

"Unless he wants death glares from Satan herself, he'd better hope he doesn't. But come on, our ride is outside, let's go beautiful!"

The charity location was basically two hours away, lucky the ride had snacks and drinks. Kelsie informed me how the dinner would go, didn't sound too complicated or annoying, I just hope things would go by smoothly.

After being escorted to our tables -- Kelsie figured out how to get us all seated at the same table, though David, Quintin, and whomever else was going to be seated with us as well. It was good until, Quintin and David arrived, my heart slowly feel to my stomach, but I didn't show it, I just drank to ignore him.

"You look lovely, Ms. Faye,"

"Thank you, Mr. Winchester."

"Hello, Nova,"

"Quintin,"

Keeping my gaze from him, knowing part of me hates that it's been this way for a month, I kept my eyes on the menu, I was honestly hungry. Half way into the dinner, the last two guest from our table finally arrived.

"Well, this is awkward. I didn't expect to see my ex-husband here. Hello Quintin, long time no see."

I turned around slowly to see the woman who claimed Quintin as her ex-husband, to my surprise I seen Jamila standing right in front of me. What the fuck.

"Jamila?"

"Olivia?"

"Olivia?" Quintin and David said in unison, fuck my life.

"Oh fuck, Kyle..."

"Excuse me? What?" I didn't even realize who stood next to her, the bastard of my nightmares. This world is sick as hell....

"Excuse me... Ex-husband? You two were married?"

"Yes, I was going by my middle name at the time, I didn't want people to know who my father was, so I went by-"

"Justine..."

"God I want to die tonight..."

David just looked at me, his expression unreadable, I could feel Kyle's eyes burn into me as he sat across from me and Kelsie, I moved closer to her and Jasper. I was terrified, my secret was finally out, all thanks to this forsaken dinner charity. I also found out that Quintin did lie to me. I knew he was holding something back, that's probably why Sayyora looked uncomfortable when he denied being married. I was lying for my safety, his lie was unnecessary.