Chapter 6

His bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to leave it but I had to take a shower and go home. I'm pretty sure that Kelsi was home by now and probably worrying if I'm somewhere having sex, not dead but having sex, my best friend is horrible but I love her. After I finished my shower, I grabbed my purse and fixed the bed before making my way to the door.

"Aw, you're leaving before breakfast?" Sayyora asked me as she pouts, I wish I could stay longer but it's a bad idea to be seen in the daylight if I'm still recognizable at night.

"Sorry Sayy, I got some important stuff to do today. Maybe I'll come by later on this week and we can hang out" Her pout deepened before she sighed

"Okay, by Nova, bye"

"Bye Sayy tell your uncle I left" She nodded and locked the door as I made my way to the Uber I ordered. The ride seemed longer and boring than yesterday but that's probably because I had someone to talk to. When I got to Kelsi place she wasn't even there yet, this wasn't a surprise at all, she always did this in college but we had plans and she's breaking them to do whatever with whoever and it just frustrated me a bit. I know she shouldn't stop her personal life just because I'm here but I really need her support right now especially after yesterday. While making me some breakfast I checked my email and made sure that my location didn't accidentally get turned on, it was filled with nothing but junk mail and notifications from my Facebook well it was until a message popped up from an unknown email. I wasn't naïve, it was either him or one of his minions.

New Massage

To: Dumb Worthless Slut

Subject: Obedience

Message: Hello Olivia, it's a shame to see that you still haven't returned yet. It saddens me that you're being so difficult and refuse to come back to the one place you call home. I really miss you, and hopefully, I'll see you soon. Sending nothing but love

P.S.: Look in the shadows, I might be there watching you

From: The Only Reason you're alive

I was shell shocked, I wasn't afraid, I was numbed. I don't know how to respond. Maybe he knows my location or not but I can't let him scare me into hiding forever. I won't live my life like that anymore, I refuse to be the scared child who has to be paranoid every second of her life in fear that someone will hit me or punish me for something stupid and unreasonable. That would never be my life again, never again.

I went straight to the number log, surprisingly it was a new number in there. It was Quintin's, honestly, I was shocked because he actually put his own number in my phone. At least I didn't have to pop up at his place, he saved me from looking creepy by dropping by randomly. He'll have to with though, I need to find out where Kelsi is located.

I rang and rang until it went to voicemail. Not that much of a surprise because it was early so I called again. It took 4 calls to finally got an answer.

"Hello"

"Really, I had to call you four times until you finally answered?"

"I just had a shower"

"An actual shower or...?"

"You still haven't changed since College"

"I'm just as surprised as you, which one was it Kel?"

"Both"

"Gross"

"Your the one who started this conversation, so it's your fault"

"I know but you could've lied"

"Nope, lying is a sin"

"So is sex before marriage but you sure do that often"

"Ha, ha, ha, very funny, someone with a high sex drive needs to be satisfied all the time or we get very angry and frustrated"

"Mhm, can you please be a nympho in a relationship?"

"Pfft, I wished"

"Well try harder please"

"I'll try mom"

"Ugh, when will you be home?"

"3 hours"

"Fine, bye"

"Bye"

I tossed my phone on the couch then put on Hulu, I clicked on something called Hero I think. It wasn't mind-blowing or anything, just really interesting and super long, by the time Kel got home I was sleep again and it was still playing. "Hey sleeping beauty"

"Don't call me that" I was so sleepy I could even roll my eyes. She handed me a bag and I tiredly reached for it "What is this?"

"Cinnabon"

"Sounds delicious"

"It's great, I'm feeding you everything you haven't had yet"

"Gosh, you're the best friend ever Kelsi"

"Awww, I know" we both laughed and continued to watch Hero until it got boring. Gosh, that cinnamon roll was beyond amazing, I wished I had 6 more of them. But I knew that sweets aren't what I needed. I handed Kel the remote while I went to the kitchen and made me something to eat. I decided on broccoli and cheese with potatoes. While the broccoli was steaming and the potatoes were boiling -after I cut them up, of course, I started to look for jobs. Hopefully, I can find something semi relaxing and easy. Even a shitty office job would be ok for me, I just needed something to pass the time and keep my mind off of everything. Then I needed money for clothes, food, transportation. therapy and etc. I know its gonna stress me out at first but... I needed this to become a new me. I just wanted to be normal, I never wanted to be that caged animal ever again.

I filled out a few applications by the time the food was finished, at least I learned how to do one important thing to survive in this shitty, heartless world. Maybe I should do something food-related but that would probably irritate me constantly with their orders and demands, I don't need stress, so that wouldn't work. Guess a shitty office job will have to do until I find something else. My application session was interrupted by a phone call from Quintin.

"Hello?"

"I'm sorry for calling unexpected, and I'm also sorry for putting my number in your phone without your permission but I just wanted to make sure that you're ok"

"It's fine, and I'm ok, I got back safely"

"That's great to hear, Sayyora really misses you even though it's been a few hours" He laughed slightly like he was nervous to be talking to me.

"Well she wanted to know when you can come back over"

"Maybe this weekend, well that's if I can find a job"

"I know a lot of people who need interns and personal assistants. Maybe one of them will hire you"

"That's great, just tell me when the interviews are and what to wear"

"Okay, I'll message them to you"

"Okay, bye"

"Bye"

Well that's was an interesting conversation, at least I know I have some interviews coming up.

A few hours later Kelsi was doing her makeup and hair. "Seriously you're going out again? Do you ever take a break from the party life?" She giggled before poking​herself in the eye with her mascara "Ouch" I shook my head and laughed "Party for me too, I need a day to chill" she shrugged and went to her room, surprisingly she left within 15 minutes, I guess she had I ride.

I spent the rest of my night eating ice cream and watching horror movies. Pretty much the most fun I had in my whole life, to be honest.