Chapter 5: Circle of Life

(Wow, three chapters in one day. Never thought I'd do this. But you guys seem to like this, so why the HALE not! See what I did there? Bad joke? Okay....)

Your POV

I led Sniper to where we stable the horses. "We don't use the Jeep unless it's all the way across the reserve." He looked at me surprised.
"How'd you know what Oi was gonna-"
"Everyone asks. You know how to ride?" He chuckled.
"Oi grew up on an Australian farm sheila, so yeah, Oi think Oi do. Shall we?" I nodded and jumped on a beautiful brown and white paint horse, and he on a solid honey brown one.

"So sheila," he said, "Where ya from?"
"Right here. Good ol' (state)."
"Eva been anywhere else?"
"Nope. Never traveled much, wish I could though" Soon, we reached the bottom of Demon's Rock.

"Ready to climb?"
"You bet.Uh.. where's tha ropes?" I chuckled.
"Who said anything about ropes? I climb freeform." He looked at me, surprised. I just looked at him and smiled. "Ready to go?"
"Oi guess so. Lead on." So we started climbing, and soon we reached the top.

"Well, Oi undastand the reports now; smells loike shit in here."
"No....It smells like death." We walked into the cave, and soon found the source of the stench. "Oh my god..." It was a brown bear: adult, female, with claw marks all over her. We kneeled next to her.
"Poor thing. The marks are to small ta be anotha bears, so Oi'm guessing wolves," Sniper said. But I wasn't paying attention.
"Shhh..." I quieted him, listening intently.
"Wot? Wot's wrong?"
"Breathing. Small, but heavy." I turned my head towards the back of the cave. Standing up, I walked towards the sound. What I found...

"Awww!" Sniper got up and walked over.
"Hah! Ain't that cute."

Laying before us were two orphaned baby bears.