Chapter 6: Meet the Team

Your POV

It was a long drive to Teufort. Sniper and Spy talked to each other along the way. They argued on and off, but I can tell their best friends. I just listened to my iPod. I have close to 200 songs on there, and since the ride was so long, I got through about half of them.

"Oi'll meet ya insoide." Sniper dropped me and Spy off at the entrance to RED's base. I heard Spy mumble,
"Always the loner..." Spy then led me to the rec room, where a bunch of guys were hanging out. Just one look at them, and I knew they were from all walks of life.

"Gentlemen." A guy with a baseball cap over his face huffed.
"Waddya want ya damn frog." A man in a hardhat and goggles looked up from his poker game with a man in an oversized helmet.
"Well now Scout, Ah'd watch mah mouth if Ah were you." Scout scoffed.
"Why da hell do ya- oh! Sorry, didn't know dere was a chick here."
"You're fine. I don't really care."
"Cool. You da new merc den?"
"Yup." The man in the helmet stomped over to me.
"A WOMAN? A MERCENARY?! PREPOSTEROUS! WOMEN CANNOT-OOMPH!" I didn't let him finish. I grab his left arm, sweep his legs, and hold him on the ground in a headlock.

"You were saying?"
"Nothing mam. Nothing at all." I released him, hearing a spew of all-american cussing.

"Holey dooley sheila!" I turn to see Sniper smiling at me. I blushed a little.
"Well, you've already met Soldier then." I look back at helmet-head: he's pouting in a corner. "Let me introduce ya to tha rest. One in tha hardhat and goggles is Engineer,"
"Call me Engie darlin'."
"Tha annoying shit in tha baseball hat is Scout,"
"Heya toots!"
"Gas mask is Pyro, eyepatch is Demoman,"
"Hudda!"
"Good ta meet ya lass! *burp*"
"Tha one in the lab coat is Medic,"
"Hallo frau."
"An tha big bloke's Heavy."
"Hello leetle girl."

"Well, it's very nice to meet all of you."
"Glad to have ya here darlin'! Sad ta say ya missed supper though."
"It's fine, I'm not really hungry anyway." I yawned, hearing Sniper chuckle behind me.

"Follow me sheila, I'll show ya where your sleepin'." I followed hi down a hallway lined with doors with the symbols of the different classes. "Here ya are sheila."
"Thanks."
"It's another ceasefire tomorrow, so sleep all ya want!"
"Great! Night!"
"G'night."

I close my door and look around. It's a small room, and pretty plain. The walls were (f/c) and the floor was brown wood. I didn't bring any bedsheets, but luckily there were already some there. Too tired to change, I kicked off my boots, and fell into bed.