Chapter 17: Rescue Mission

Well hello there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)   Have another update why don't ya.   ~Vex

Mitch's POV:

After making sure the door was locked, I followed Scout down the hallway to the prep garage. While we loaded, he prepped me on what was happening.

"I dunno why they decided to attack, but it's a full on assault. We're gettin' slaughtered out there!"

I cocked my rifle, ready to aim, as the door opened.

"I know why they're here; and their not gettin' that far."

RED Spy's POV

I stood by Engineer, looking through binoculars as the team fought the BLU's. Scout, Heavy, Demoman, Soldier, and Pyro were doing a good job distracting them- while Medic, Engineer and I were making sure everything went to plan. The laborer leaned on his sentry and looked out onto the field.

"How much longer 'till we start Spy?"

"I need to wait until Scout confirms that their Sniper is as far away from their base as possible. You and Medic will take to the field and continue to distract them while I infiltrate. With any luck I can get Monsieur Sniper and Madmoiselle (y/n) out with little to no harm done to them."

The Engineer nodded and returned to his machine. Rubber boots thudded towards us, and I aimed my revolver at the door. Medic rounded the corner, hand on the door frame.

"It's time herr Spy."

Your POV

As soon as the door shut I yelled for Mick.

"S-Sniper? Sniper are you okay?"

He nodded slightly, head hanging down.

"'M so sorry sheila."

"For what?"

"For everything. Not tellin' you my name. Not tellin' you about Mitch. That any of this happened in the first place..."

"Michael-" I choked up. "it's not your fault. None of this is your fault."

"You wouldn't be here if it weren't for me. He never would've become obsessed. You'd be safe at the base."

"Michael..."

He looked at me, a tear running down his face.

"You'd be safe if you had said no to me at the falls."

He hung his head again, tears falling to the cement floor as he cried. My heart broke to see this man, the love of my life, claiming that none of this would've happened had I rejected him. Seeing him so broken stirred something in me, an anger and a rage I've never felt before. 

"Michael. Michael look at me."

He slowly looked up at me, eyes red from the tears.

"None of this is your fault. Nothing- and I mean nothing-  could ever  make me regret saying yes to you that night. I don't care what happens, we're gonna be okay. We're gonna get out of here. We just need a plan, okay?

He looked at me for a few seconds, before a look of resolve crossed his face.

~Outside: Spy's POV~

"Scout, I need confirmation that their Sniper's attention is on you- do you copy?"

"I dunno Spy; I've been runnin' near his nest for like ten minutes, I don't think he's gonna- *BANG*- Shit! Never mind! Distraction confirmed! AAAAAAAaaaah!" *click*

"Imbecile," I muttered to myself. "At least their gunman is distracted."

I cloaked myself before sneaking through the battlefield, finding my way into their base.

Now to find (y/n) and Sniper.

~Mitch's POV~

*BANG*
"Piss."
*BANG*
"For fucks-sake."
*BANG*
"STOP RUNNIN AROUND AND STAND STILL YA WANKA!"

That RED Scout was starting to piss me off. I've killed him five times already, but he keeps coming back to taunt me. I'm no idiot, I know he's distracting me, I'm just waiting to see what for.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the shimmer of an invisible Spy. His cloak wore off just as he got to the garage door.

I packed up my rifle before starting towards the basement. I knew the RED's were going to try and save (y/n) and Mick, I was just biding my time to see who they sent. 

The spook wouldn't reach them for a while, not with all the sentries I had Engie put up.

I walked down the stairs, not bothering to keep quiet: I wanted them both awake for what happens next. When I got to the bottom, I looked from one to the other. Mick was half- conscious, blood now dried on his face. (Y/n) was sittin' pretty, staring at her feet. I walked up to her after setting my rifle near the bottom of the stairs.

~Your POV~

He lifted my chin with his finger and thumb, making me look him in the eyes.

"Have you made your decision love?"
I nodded.
"And?"

"... You're right..."
He raised an eyebrow.
"I thought about it and you're right. He... he's hidden so much from me. His name, his past, you; but... you've only ever been honest with me- from the very beginning. I feel like you could make me happy. I- I choose you Mitch."

His smile seemed almost genuine as he untied me. I rubbed my wrists to get blood flow back to them. He put his arms around my waist, and I put mine around his neck. He leaned in, and we shared a brief kiss. When we pulled away, he looked at me with love in his eyes, and for a moment, I felt bad for him.

"I love you (y/n). You won't regret this."

I smiled, and put my hands on his chest.

"You're right," I said, "I won't."
I pushed him back, and he stumbled and fell.

Right into Michael's knife.

________________________

( ͡° ᴥ ͡°)