PART 16-The End

The next night you went to bed early with a headache. You conked out the second your head hit the pillow.

~Hours Later~

A gentle hand on your cheek woke you some time past midnight. You opened your eyes to find those beautiful gold ones focused on you. And yet you were not transfixed by them, like you used to be. You must not have woken when he'd tapped on the window tonight. Go figure; your head was still pounding. You snarled and pushed his hand away.

You: What do you want?

Kisshu: *in shock* I-I just wanted to see you, Foxy...

You: *glaring, then rolling over so you're facing away from him* Well too bad. I'm sleeping. And I have exams tomorrow in school, so you'd better leave. Now.

A few moments later you opened your eyes and rolled over. Kisshu was still standing there, his back now facing the bed.

You: And stop calling me Foxy.

Rolling back over, you closed your eyes and snuggled deeper under the covers.

Kisshu: Why? Ringo?

You: You want to kill the people I'm trying to protect. I won't forgive you for that.

A few moments later his presence was gone.

~A Few Days Later~

For the past few days you'd been unusually short-tempered and feeling really lonely. You knew why, but you pretended not to. It hurt less when you pretended it wasn't your fault. You were walking in the park when you heard a familiar voice call out your name. Turning, you waved half-heartedly to Kai, who was running down the path towards you. You stopped and waited for him.

Kai: Hey, Ringo, are you OK? You haven't been yourself lately.

You: Myself?

Kai: Yeah. Normally you're cheerful and easy-going, but recently you've been moody and even kind of rude.

You: *looking up at him* I have? I'm sorry; I really am.

Kai: *smiles slightly* It's OK.

He pulled you against his chest and wrapped his arms tightly around you. Your eyes widened, but then you closed your hands on two handfuls of his jacket and closed them.

"Always remember that there are people there for you," he murmured softly, squeezing you just a bit. Tears began to squeeze their way out from under your eyelids.