Never Ending Story

Ice cold darkness
That's all you can feel, see and hear
For miles and miles, day after day
You are alone
Always, now and forever

I awoke to one of the orphanage children jumping on me, "oh right your still here, I thought you had died", "hey get off (h/h), you could end up dead" a young girl around the age of ten said,"ah shit your right, let's go quickly".

I hate this place, everyone has treated me terribly since I first came here, all because of that day. I would run away if it wasn't for the fact that I probably wouldn't survive.

There would occasionally be a new kid brought into this place and I would try to become friends with them....but it would not be long before all the other kids filled there heads with random crap. Like how I would spread nasty rumours about them, make them very sick and the most popular one is that I would kill them, then my so called friend would turn around one day and basically throw shit at me, metaphorically speaking and call me a demon. I stopped introducing myself to people a few year ago and just let them say whatever the hell they wanted to.

Because they treated me terribly also means I got the worst room, it was on the top floor and was the oldest room in the house, with cobwebs and paint slowly peeling off the wall. It was big enough for one old single mattress and a set of drawers, I only had a thin sheet and no pillow or blanket to keep me warm on these winter nights. I think the only good thing out of this was that I was the only person sleeping in this room and there was a nice view of the forest from my window.

Ever since I first came here, occasional a child would be found dead. Nobody knows why, police have done numerous investigations but nothing has been found on the culprits and god knows how this orphanage is still in business, there has been at least seventeen children who have died, not including what happened on that day. There hasn't been a child found dead for at least a year tops, I assume another one will happen soon.

I never new my parents and I don't think I ever will considering I was found in a forest, the same forest that's outside my window, police have tried to find my parents, but stopped when they realised they couldn't find anyone with the same dna.