Five

Luke stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him. He kept his eyes glued to his feet as he strode down the busy corridors, dodging students and not apologising whenever he bumped into someone. He kept his jaw clenched, fists also clenching and unclenching in an attempt to keep his cool. He'd lose it at any given moment, but he was trying his hardest to hold it in as he rushed to the music room. He knew Calum and Ashton would be in there, and he could only hope no one else would be.

He sighed heavily as he spotted the door to the music room, hearing Ashton's muffled giggle coming from inside. From the window, he could see his two best friends' silhouette. Calum was holding a guitar. The blond swung the door open, making both boys snap their heads to look at him as he slammed yet another door shut. Both boys jumped at his action, not used to seeing Luke so furious. He was so mad he was almost in the brink of tears, his breath coming out in short, heavy puffs.

"You okay?" Ashton asked, putting his sandwich on the open wrapper that was sitting on the floor. He took the bottle of water sat next to it, taking a long sip without taking his eyes off Luke.

"I hate this place." Luke groaned, tugging at the roots of his hair.

"What happened?" Calum inquired, finger-picking some random chords as his attention remained focused on the blond that marched over to them, plopping himself down between the two and crossing his legs. He shook his head.

"Remember that huge Art project I had due tomorrow?" Both boys nodded, frowning slightly as they watched Luke's jaw clench and unclench. "I went over to the Art Room to make sure it was all set and ready for presentation tomorrow, and someone moved it from the spot I had originally left it in to dry and put stuff over it and smudged it all up. It literally ruined my painting."

"Well, did you go see Mrs Parker?" Ashton's voice was small, afraid of saying something stupid or obvious and pissing Luke off even more.

"Yeah." Luke huffed, running yet another hand through his hair. "You know what she told me? She said it was my responsibility to make sure the painting was somewhere safe and that I need it by tomorrow or I'm failing Art. Do you know how fucking long I worked on that project? It took me three weeks to get it perfect. Honestly, someone shoot me or drown me in the toilet."

The other two boys shared a look, biting down on the inside of their cheeks simultaneously. They didn't know what to say. What even was there to say? Someone fucked up Luke's work and he was the one who'd have to pay the price. If Luke failed Art, chances were that he wouldn't even graduate.

"Wait, isn't there an essay worth like half of the marks?" Calum chimed up, giving his best friend an encouraging smile.

"Yeah the essay is worth forty five percent of the grade but it only counts if I hand in both pieces. I have no practical assessment to hand in, so the theory will automatically be zero too." Luke rolled his eyes, feeling his entire body burn up as he reached for his phone.

He logged onto Twitter, seeing his notifications were going crazy again. He knew Michael hadn't followed him back, none of his notifications were congratulating him on his follow back or anything. All he was getting were tweets saying how ungrateful he was because he hadn't managed to get tickets to Sydney. He already felt shitty, and people on the internet were making him feel even worse. He wanted to just disappear for a century, to not have to worry about graduating High School and to just focus on music and his two best friends. That was all he wanted at that moment.

"Could this day get any worse?" Luke grumbled, locking his phone before tossing it in the small space between himself, Calum and Ashton.

"Uh... I think it could, actually." Ashton cleared his throat, turning his phone around so Calum and Luke could see it. Both of them groaned at the same time, feeling the same sensation of their chests caving in as they saw the picture of Michael, lips pressed together with some model none of them recognised.

"Fuck my life, this is the worst day ever." Luke shook his head as he clicked his tongue, taking his phone once again. If he was going to get people coming at him in his mentions, he'd have it for a reason.

@LukeLikesBands: lol @ u people actually believing this michael and some model story

@LukeLikesBands: y'all are so gullible. he likes boys

@LukeLikesBands: and a little louder for the people in the back: >>MICHAEL LIKES BOYS<<

@LukeLikesBands: and if u honestly don't see it... fight me.

@caluminthehood: @LukeLikesBands u tell 'em

@irwinator: @caluminthehood @LukeLikesBands preach

@LukeLikesBands: my mentions rn....lol. michael likes boys and i'll use these tweets against u all when the truth comes out

~~~

i think one update a week is a good deal right??