Eight

@LukeLikesBands: I WAS IN BALI FOR A WEEK FOR SCHOOLIES AND I FORGOT TO TAKE MY PHONE

@LukeLikesBands: WHAT HAVE I MISSED SLFJLKDSKL

Luke's eyes flickered from his phone screen to his bedroom door, finding Calum carrying his duffle bag over his shoulder. 

"You look constipated." Luke remarked, receiving a glare from the Kiwi as he set the duffle bag down in the middle of Luke's bedroom floor, collapsing right next to it. 

Unlike Luke, who had spent most of his time in Bali appreciating the beaches and enjoying music, Calum had downed anything he could grab a hold of, spending the entirety of that week drunk off his ass. Needless to say he was up for the worst hangover he had ever experienced in his life, starting on the airplane ride home in which he puked thrice. If Luke hadn't been sitting right next to him, having to keep asking the flight attendants for more of those little bags Calum could puke in, Luke would've laughed at the Kiwi and said 'I told you so.' That was exactly what Ashton had done.

"Oh no." The curly haired boy sighed as he stepped foot inside the room. Luke took his time to analyse him, standing there in thongs, trunks and a tank top. He hadn't noticed how much tanner Ashton had gotten over the trip until that moment, and he wondered if he was the same. "Have his kidneys finally failed him? Is he dead?"

"No." Calum grumbled with his face flat against the carpeted floor. His head was still spinning, the desire to puke finding it's way back to him. He groaned loudly. "But kinda wishes to be."

"Stop." Ashton whined, lightly kicking his best friend's shoulder. "You're hungover, not suicidal, don't make jokes about it."

Calum frowned, forcing himself to lift his head from the floor as he looked up at the curly haired blond in confusion. "You just made a joke about death." Calum said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Yeah, but I'm allowed." Ashton shrugged as he rolled his eyes at the Kiwi. "I'm older."

Calum groaned in response, deciding not to continue bickering with Ashton because he knew Ashton always won. The three boys remained silent, Ashton stepping over Calum to reach Luke's bed, collapsing next to the blond and looking curiously at the blond's phone. Luke was curiously looking through people's tweets, seeing what they had been up to for the past week. The last account he checked was Michael's, seeing a few replies to fans and a few tweets about how he was jet-lagged, but nothing that really caught his eye. Going into updates accounts, however, was like World War III had stricken. 

"Holy shit," Ashton breathed, head leaning on Luke's shoulder. "I can't believe we weren't here for all this beef! What the hell was it about?"

"Apparently an interview." Luke frowned, clicking on the link that had been posted before all the angry tweets began. "Should we watch it?"

"Why wouldn't we?" Ashton snorted. "If there's beef, I want in. Click it."

Luke did as told, turning the volume down as he heard Calum protest to the loudness with a grunt. Without taking his eyes off the screen, Ashton pulled out some earphones from his pocket, handing one of them to Luke and taking the other as the video began. It started out like most interviews do: asking about the new album, about tour and promo. It was near the end of the video that both boys held their breaths, watching the interviewer lean closer with a smirk.

"So, there have been a lot of pictures going around..." Luke held back an eye roll. "Love life seems pretty good, Michael."

"It's..." Michael looked down, biting down on his lower lip before his eyes met the interviewer's again. "Stable."

"Any rumours you'd like to clear out? Anything you'd like to confirm?"

"Well," Michael cleared his throat, shifting in his seat looking extremely uncomfortable. It made Ashton angry. Luke simply had his eyes focused on the screen and jaw locked tight. "I'd like to confirm that I am a person and I do kiss people, so, like, yeah."

"You kiss men." Luke grumbled under his breath, shaking his head angrily. "You kiss men, you little shit."

"So, no girlfriend?" The interview pushed, making Ashton want to punch him in the face for not getting the hint that he should just back off.

"I mean..." Michael smiled sheepishly, resting his chin on the microphone as he looked around. "People kiss friends, right?"

"Okay, no, I'm done." Ashton sighed, locking Luke's phone so the screen went black and the video stopped playing. "It's so fucking stupid, why don't interviewers just understand when it's time to drop a fucking question." 

"I don't know." Luke sighed, turning on his side. He unlocked his phone again, going onto Twitter and checking all his mentions talking about the interview and new pictures of Michael and a model making out in a car park.

@LukeLikesBands: me *leaves for a week* me: *comes back to all this drama* me: lol nope me: *sleeps for another two weeks until i finally get to see michael perform*

@LukeLikesBands: honestly not even bothered with this whole michael dating shit because i know it's all fake. y'all worrying for nothing, go do ur homework or something

@irwinator: LET FAMOUS PEOPLE HAVE A LOVE LIFE. LET FAMOUS PEOPLE DATEE E E E EEE

@MichaelClifford: Preach.

~~~

*desperately tries to come up with good ideas for this story because you all like it so much but its actually crap*