Thirteen

It was hot. Luke, Calum and Ashton were waiting outside the Astor Theatre, waiting in a queue for the doors to open for Michael's gig and it was hot. They had been sitting in the sun for hours and the all black attire the three of them were sporting really wasn't helping. Calum was scrolling through Twitter, checking all the update accounts to make sure he kept up to date with anything Michael was doing. He was currently doing an interview, God knows where, and Calum was eager to see it. He was holding tightly onto Ashton's hand, showing him the low quality pictures of Michael laughing along with the interviewer.

"I wonder what they're talking about." Calum chuckled at the sight of the picture, leaning in closer to Ashton. Luke had barely spoken to them at all that afternoon. "Is Luke still ignoring us?"

"Yes, he is." Luke grumbled, typing out a quick message to his mother, letting her know he was safe and waiting at the venue. 

"Aw, come on!" Ashton chuckled, poking Luke's side and making him squeak. "Don't be mad at us."

"You guys didn't come stalking with me this morning." Luke pouted, looking up from his phone. "What's the point of Stalker Squad if you're not stalking anymore? Is it just going to be Stalker Luke from now on? We're losing focus, people!" Luke snapped his fingers, huffing in annoyance as he saw Calum and Ashton both laugh. The two of them quickly let go of each other's hands, seeing that the mention of Stalker Squad had now drawn attention to the three of them.

"It's not like that." Calum shook his head, realising that, because Luke had his back facing the rest of the queue, he couldn't see how everyone was now looking at him.

"It was shit anyways." He shrugged. "I drove around for hours and I didn't even catch a glimpse of him. The security at the hotel was being a pain in the ass, too. I can't believe I haven't met Michael yet and we've been in the same country for like, a week."

"Excuse me," An unknown voice spoke harshly, causing both Ashton and Calum to push their lips into thin lines as Luke turned around to glance over his shoulder at the short brunette standing behind him, towering over his figure sitting on the floor.

"May I help you?" Luke raised his eyebrows in a challenging way, not even worried about what would come from that. He was usually a nice person, if people were nice to him. And it clearly wasn't the case.

"Could you stop being an ungrateful little bitch and just appreciate the fact Michael even knows who you are? Honestly, it's so annoying, you're always bitching on Twitter about how he doesn't follow you back but he literally tweets you like almost every day. Meanwhile, there are people who tweet him all day long and get nothing. You get everything handed to you in a silver platter. Stop complaining, Jesus Christ."

"Do I even know you?" Luke snorted, ignoring the few gasps from around them as he turned back to his phone. "You know me from what you see on Twitter, don't you dare call me ungrateful or say I get everything handed to me."

"It's a good thing I don't know you." She scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "I'd hate knowing a person as terrible and annoying as you."

"Right back at ya, sweetie." Luke muttered, going onto Twitter to see there were people already talking about him. 

"Okay, okay." Calum cleared his throat. "That's enough." He looked up at the girl with a slight smile. "Luke will stop talking now."

The girl scoffed again, rolling her eyes as she turned her back and took a seat again. The boys could tell she was fuming, but what scared Ashton and Calum the most was the fact that they could not decipher Luke's emotion. He, who was usually pretty much an open book with the two of them seemed completely shut down, frowning at his phone.

@LukeLikesBands: you people don't know me. you don't know how hard i work to earn enough money to pay for all these trips.

@LukeLikesBands: my parents haven't given me a single dollar to pay for these tickets. this was all me being responsible with my money and saving up.

@LukeLikesBands: you have no right to point a finger at my best friends and i because we are lucky enough to manage our money and get to see michael

@LukeLikesBands: i am a person and i work hard for things. i have feelings. i'm human.

@LukeLikesBands: and you're all just salty.

@MichaelClifford: I hate coming online to see you guys fighting between each other. You're all here for the same reason, stop arguing.

@MichaelClifford: Instead of trying to bring someone down for getting noticed by your favourite celebrity, be happy for them. Be kind, be respectful, be caring. Always.

@MichaelClifford: You know nothing about other people's struggles in life. A follow or a mention or a picture could be saving their lives and you don't know it.

@MichaelClifford: Think before you speak.

@LukeLikesBands: @MichaelCifford thank you :c i love you

@MichaelClifford: @LukeLikesBands I got you, bro.

@MichaelClifford: Now lets forget all about this and rock out, Perth! See you very soon! xxx

~~~

this applies to bella ashlynn, arzaylea and anyone else this fam seems to like to tear down.

be kind, be respectful, be caring, always. you know nothing about other people's struggles in life.