Six

Luke was pissed off. It was two in the morning and there he stood in his freezing cold garage with a canvas, paintbrushes and an endless supply of paint. He had been standing there, looking at that blank canvas for over three hours, unsure of how to start. Yes, he had done that same painting once, but now, no matter how he thought of restarting it, it all seemed stupid and wrong. He wanted to scream and to punch a hole into that canvas, but opted against it because at that time of night he'd never be able to find another shop that would be open to buy another canvas.

He took out his phone, dialling both Calum and Ashton but getting no reply. He knew they were sleeping and that pissed him off even more. He couldn't sleep. He didn't want to go onto Twitter, he knew well enough that he'd start tweeting and get distracted. But it was like a force pulling him, thumb hovering over the Twitter icon, mind telling him to stop and focus on his painting, but heart telling him to just go ahead and tweet for a while. He wouldn't get anything done soon anyways. The notification that came from Michael tweeting was like a sign to him, instinctively clicking on the banner with Michael's tweet on it and waiting for it to load up.

@MichaelClifford: bored at the airport and i have no friends. lets chat.

"Fuck." Luke whispered, sliding his back down the wall and taking a seat in the corner of the garage. He was freezing cold, but too lazy to go upstairs and change into something warmer. He snapped a picture of his surroundings, making sure to include the canvas before tweeting it out.

@LukeLikesBands: @MichaelClifford its two am and im out in the garage doing my art project. lets be bored together

@LukeLikesBands: im failing art guys

Luke sighed, not even bothering to go into his notifications as he scrolled through his timeline. Not many people were tweeting, but as he clicked on Michael's tweet again, he saw the amount of people that replied to him. Most of them followed Luke, too. He took another picture, this time sucking in his bottom lip and puffing his cheeks with air. His eyebrows were perked up and he laughed once he saw the result. It looked cute, and he knew his followers would think so too. Deciding that life was too short to only post pretty pictures instead of including the funny ones too, he tweeted it out.

@LukeLikesBands: when its 2 am, ur failing art and being ignored by michael. living the life. oh yeah, and ur a squirrel too

Going back onto Michael's account, he could see the singer had replied to lots of other fan accounts, making Luke boil with anger at the fact he wasn't one of them. He could get any celebrity to follow him, he could get mentions, retweets, favourites, anything he wanted, from anyone he wanted. And the fact Michael Clifford was the one that he got nothing from made him eternally frustrated. It was almost as if Michael was playing hard to get. He refreshed the page of Michael's account, shaking with cold.

@MichaelClifford: where can i adopt a squirrel

@LukeLikesBands: @MichaelClifford @ me next time ?????

@LukeLikesBands: @MichaelClifford you can purchase one at the hemmings household all u gotta do is bring a jumper bc its cold as hell and the squirrel you'll purchase is cold out here.

@MichaelClifford: I'll keep my squirrel warm.

"What the fuck." The blond groaned under his breath. "At me, you fucktard!" At that moment, he just wished Calum and Ashton were awake to see this.

@MichaelClifford: It was awesome talking to you guys, but I have a plane to catch now.

@MichaelClifford: See you soon, Australia.

@LukeLikesBands: @MichaelClifford great banter, fucker.

@MichaelClifford: @LukeLikesBands Always is, Luke. Now go get warm and finish your art project before you actually fail art. Make me proud, bro.

~~~

:-)

sooOOOooOoo

what are your expectations for this story?