Twenty Four

Luke was all over Michael's Snapchat. Again. People were all over Luke's mentions. Again. He scrolled through the tweets once more, hearing the sound of the blowdryer coming from the closed door of Michael's hotel room. He didn't understand why they were in a hotel, considering both of them lived in Sydney, or why they were even getting ready together. The blond let it slide, liking that at least he got to hang around Michael for a while longer. He was funny and cute, making Luke feel happy. Michael was too good for him as a person and he knew that would become evident soon.

Luke sighed as he dropped his phone onto the bed once more, placing his arm over his head to block out the light. He could hear Michael sing in the bathroom, and it felt almost like Luke was having his own private show from the singer he had spent so much time and money on. It was soothing and gave him the affirmation that anything can happen in this world. Anyone can end up in a hotel room with a celebrity, even a fan.

"Oi," Michael called, looking out to see Luke sprawled on the bed. "Don't fall asleep, dummy. Our van will be here soon."

"Not sleeping." Luke sighed, turning over and closing his eyes. Okay, maybe he wanted to fall asleep.

Before he could even process what was going on, a red haired singer was throwing himself on top of Luke, hands grabbing at Luke's sides and making the blond squeal and squirm, laugh and scream at the same time. His hands attempted to swat Michael away, but the singer was a lot stronger than Luke. By the time Michael was done with the tickling, both of them were panting messes, looking down at their crumpled up t-shirts.

"Oh, for fuck's sake." Luke whined, narrowing his eyes at Michael as the red haired man chuckled, climbing down from the blond. "You do realise this is the only shirt I have right?"

"You look cute," Michael shrugged, standing up and straightening out his own shirt. "Don't worry about it."

Luke snorted, standing up too and pulling his shirt down. He walked towards the mirror and running his fingers through his hair to fix up the strands that had fallen out of place. "I know I look cute." He mumbled, not even bothering to look at Michael. "I always look cute."

He could hear Michael laugh, from the corner of his eye seeing the man take his phone from the table and slid it into his pocket before reaching over for Luke's phone and handing it to him. The blond looked up at him, blond eyes meeting green as their hands brushed against each other's. Michael's plump lips slowly twitched into a smirk, eyeing Luke up and down before licking his lips.

"Love 'em confident like that." He whispered, causing Luke to bite down on the inside of his cheek. His mind jumped back to the day at the gas station in Melbourne. He snorted, deciding to keep going with his hard to get persona.

"Come on, let's go." Luke shook his head, turning around and walking towards the door. Michael followed right behind him, meeting the security guard that would escort them to the car.

-

The whole experience had been a dream. Luke didn't realise how much he loved cameras and flashes until standing next to Michael on the red carpet, both of them smiling at the camera. He was having a good time, having a laugh with Michael all while knowing he looked hot as shit. People were looking at him, greeting him as Michael introduced him to some of his friends in the music industry. He was even getting complimented and Luke was living for all of it. People were a lot nicer in real life than they were on the internet.

He followed Michael to their seats, plopping himself down next to the singer as he gently tapped Luke's knee. "You excited?"

"Very."

Michael didn't win anything, but overall watching all of it happen right before his eyes was enough for Luke. He had spent years watching the ARIAs on the TV, waiting for the day he'd be important enough to attend something like that. He wasn't important per say, but he was glad he had a chance to go with Michael and have a good time. He could tell Michael was slightly uninterested in the whole thing, taking his phone out for a few seconds and zoning out. It was only when the boys left the award show and were on their way to the afterparty that Luke realised what Michael was doing on his phone.

@MichaelClifford: He told me the nacho cheese joke. Such a dork. @LukeLikesBands

Luke smiled down at the picture Michael had attached, liking the way the two seemed happy next to each other. His mentions were going crazy again, but this time seemed more positive than before. They were all coming to terms that Luke and Michael were on the road to being good friends. That was all it was, really, in Luke's mind. He couldn't imagine Michael Clifford actually wanting anything with him.

He tried not to think much about it as he sat at a table at the afterparty. With a drink in his hand, he watched everyone dance around. He could see Michael dancing with some girls, gently pushing them away as they threw themselves at him in their half drunken state. Luke smiled at that, bringing himself to grin as Michael's eyes met his and the green eyed man flashed him a smile. It didn't take long before Michael was walking over towards him, taking a seat and leaning in closer to Luke so the blond could hear him over the loud music.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Michael asked, alcohol evident in his breath.

"Yeah," Luke nodded. "Are you?"

"Absolutely!" He exclaimed. "But there's just one thing that would make this night a lot better."

Luke bit his lower lip, already knowing what Michael was implying. It didn't take long for him to realise he really wanted that too. "What would that be?"

He felt Michael's hand on his thigh, giving it a gentle squeeze as he leaned in even closer to Luke, plump lips brushing the shell of the blond's ear. "Why don't we head back to the hotel and I'll show you?"

Luke didn't even hesitate before nodding, standing up and allowing Michael to take his hand and guide him back to their van. Luke was in for a hell of a night.

~~~

douple (triple?) update with the final chapter, anyone???