Sixteen

"Baby," Calum whined, tugging at the sleeve of Ashton's shirt. "Please carry my bag for me? It's heavy." 

Luke looked over his shoulder, rolling his eyes as he saw Ashton smile tightly before taking Calum's duffle bag and swinging it over his shoulder before lacing his fingers with the Kiwi's. It was cute, but Luke couldn't deny the jealousy that burned his chest whenever he saw the two together. Not only was it a reminder that Luke was a single pringle since birth and would most likely continue to be, but it was also a reminder that his two best friends were now together and Luke was a constant third wheel. He hated to think so, but he missed the time when Calum and Ashton were just friends. It was selfish, but it was how he felt.

The blond pulled his bag further up his shoulder as the three of them made their way into the airport, taking their time as they made their way towards the Qantas check in desk. This time, they had arrived early at the airport, making sure they were there in time for their flight to Adelaide and avoiding another fall out between the couple. It was a hot, sunny day and the feeling of being inside with the air conditioner on made Luke extremely happy. He just couldn't wait to get to Adelaide and take a nap. From what updates account had said, Michael still had another day in Perth, which gave the boys a day off to sleep and mope around. 

Luke checked in first, leaving his two best friends behind as they giggled and pinched each other's cheeks like the cheesy couple they were. Luke could only wish for that first stage of their relationship to be over soon so that Luke could sit around them without feeling like he was going to throw up. It was amazing to see his best friends that happy, but dear lord. Dropping off his bag and waiting in the corner for Calum and Ashton, Luke thought about the future. He didn't mean to, but it was only now downing on him that he had graduated school and had absolutely no plans for university the following year. He had nothing to do in life and that scared him. Shaking his head to push the thoughts aside, Luke smiled at his friends, making their way towards him.

"Do you guys want something to eat?" Luke spoke for the first time since they left the hotel, making sure he had his ticket inside his passport before they started making their way towards security.

"I could go for some Skittles, to be honest." Calum shrugged. "Or we could go to Dome and get a bacon sandwich."

"That sounds good." Ashton nodded, eyes flickering between his boyfriend and Luke. "Shall we?"

The blond nodded, crossing his arms over his chest as he followed the couple to the restaurant in the corner, waiting in line at the counter before they reached ordered a bacon sandwich and a chocolate milkshake. Taking their number, the three of them made their way towards a table in the far corner, plopping themselves down tiredly.

"Hey," Calum cleared his throat, scrolling through his phone. "Have you guys seen the Smallzy contest?"

"What contest?" Ashton furrowed his eyebrows, turning to Calum curiously.

"The winners gets to go to the ARIAs." Calum's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "And you get to walk the red carpet and stuff, that's so cool."

"But then, just like, alone?" Ashton asked in confusion. Luke was completely out of it.

"No, when you take part, you tell them which Australian celebrity you'd like to go with and why and they pick the best three for three different celebrities. That would be so cool, oh my God." 

"Are you gonna take part?" Ashton asked, turning to Luke at the same time Calum did. The blond looked up with a sigh.

"No," He shrugged. "I kind of want to, but honestly I guess that if we saw Michael again in Adelaide I could just ask him to take me and he would." 

"You're so confident about that." Calum snorted, shaking his head. "What if he's taking that blonde chick? Do we even know her name?"

"I don't care." Luke shrugged. "That girl's a beard and I'll say it to my grave. Believe me, my gaydar goes crazy around Michael, he's definitely into guys."

"Maybe he's into both." Ashton shrugged with a pout.

"Maybe." Luke nodded slowly. "But he likes guys better than girls, I know it."

"You're so stubborn." Calum shook his head. "Maybe you just go with whatever Michael says. If he says he's straight then who are you to say he isn't?" 

"He never said he was straight." Luke narrowed his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest defensively.

"Okay, okay." Ashton huffed. "Let's not argue. Are you going to take part or not?"

"Don't need it." Luke shrugged nonchalantly.

"We're signing him up." Calum nodded as he turned to Ashton with a determined look. 

~~~

oh boiii

i really wanna start a youtube channel but idk what i should do as a first video send help :c

thanks to FandomAtTheDisco for the idea of the award show :-) it's not exactly what you said but i really liked it anyways!!