Ten

"Calum, we're gonna be late!" Ashton screamed as he honked over to the Kiwi that was still packing his bag. Ashton was beyond mad, he was infuriated. If there was one thing Ashton Irwin hated, that was being late. Being late for a flight was even worse.

Calum Hood was the opposite: always late to everything and never even bothering to plan things in advance. He was running around his room, picking out the underwear that looked clean before chucking them into the small suitcase he had only found early that same morning. He could hear Ashton honking downstairs, followed by his angry yells for Calum to hurry up. He couldn't hurry up more. He was already tripping on shoes, banging his pinky on dressers and tables and falling over the suitcase multiple times. He stormed over to his window, opening it up before sticking his head out to see Ashton's piece of shit car downstairs, the curly haired teenager scowling at him.

"Can you fucking wait?" Calum exclaimed. "Yelling at me is not going to make me do anything quicker!"

"Just fucking do it!" Ashton screamed back. "Before we fucking leave without you."

Calum rolled his eyes, slamming his window closed before turning around to see his mother standing at his door with her arms crossed over her chest. She didn't even have to say anything for Calum to know what she was thinking: watch the language and I sure hope you're tiding all of this up before you leave. He simply nodded, looking down at his messy suitcase with a pout. She sighed heavily, quickly helping Calum stuff everything inside before zipping the bag up.

"Mum, I-"

"Don't worry about it." She smiled softly, giving her son a tight hug. "Just go and you'll tidy it up when you get back. Just go before Ashton explodes or something."

"Thank you." He sighed in relief. "I'll call you as soon as I get there. Love you."

He kissed her on the cheek, taking his suitcase and hurrying outside, already seeing Luke leaning against the car with his arms crossed over his chest. Calum simply huffed, shaking his head and tossing his bag into the boot of Ashton's car. Slamming it shut and climbing into the backseat, he could almost feel the anger radiating off his best friend, and Luke awkwardly sitting there with his hands in his lap and eyes focused on the outside world as Ashton pulled the car into drive and sped off.

"We're gonna miss our flight." Ashton grumbled after a long silence, foot stepping on the accelerator as if his life depended on it. "We're gonna fucking miss your flight, Calum."

"No, we're not." The brunette rolled his eyes, keeping his voice low but harsh at the same time. "Stop blaming me, you always fucking do this! You get stressed over everything and it's super annoying."

"Oh, I'm annoying?" Ashton chuckled humourlessly, turning to look at Calum with a sarcastic smile before turning back to the road. Luke had his eyes focused on Ashton's hands, gripping the steering wheel so tightly his knuckles started turning white. "I keep having to run after you like an idiot because you're too immature and irresponsible to take care of yourself. Like, honestly Calum, when the fuck are you going to grow up? I'm tired of having to fucking babysit you all the time."

"Oh, please." Calum narrowed his eyes, arms crossing over his chest as he slumped back down in his seat. "You just say that because you can't actually have a good time. All you worry about is grades and work and paying taxes or whatever. Seriously Ashton, you act like a forty year old man, it drives me insane. You always act like a fucking dad."

"Maybe because I don't actually have a dad to do it for me?" The curly haired blond screamed, stopping at the traffic light. The whole car went silent, Luke silently praying for Calum to apologise and for their fight to end right there. Instead, Calum looked out the window with his jaw clenched tight, wanting to apologise for what he said but not wanting to be the one to give in first. He knew he should apologise, but he hated how Ashton could always throw the dad card and he'd automatically win any argument. He hated how he was always the one crawling back to Ashton. "I can't fucking stand you, sometimes, Jesus Christ."

"Then why the fuck did you kiss me last night? Huh?" Calum spat, leaning in between the two front seats so his face was mere inches away from Ashton's. Luke could visibly see Ashton freeze in his spot as Calum threw himself back onto the backseat, frowning like a child as he focused on the outside world.

"Wait, what?" Luke turned around in surprise, eyes flickering between the two boys as they both ignored each other's existence and Luke's confusion. "Could someone please tell me what is going on?"

"Let's just get to the airport." Ashton grumbled, stepping foot on the accelerator in hopes of making it in time.

-

"We missed it." Luke sighed as they checked the large board at the entrance of the airport. He got no response, as expected since Calum and Ashton hadn't said a word to each other or to Luke the entire drive there. It was awkward and silent and Luke wanted nothing more but to scream at the two of them to stop being childish and just make up. But he knew that it wasn't his business anymore. The two of them clearly had things between them that Luke knew nothing about and that they obviously didn't want Luke to butt in. "Okay, I'll just go to the Qantas desk and see if I can get us on the next flight out. Is that okay with you guys?"

Both boys nodded, eyes avoiding each other as Luke sighed heavily, turning around and wheeling his suitcase along with him. The two of them said nothing, but Calum could hear Ashton's heavy breathing and Ashton knew in his heart that Calum was trying hard not to cry. He knew Calum well enough to know that deep down he was a big cry baby.

"Low blow mentioning that in front of Luke." Ashton sneered, turning around to look at Calum.

"I am not fucking dealing with you right now." The Kiwi shook his head angrily, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Fine." Ashton sighed, rubbing his temples before running his fingers through his hair. "Let's just not ruin it for Luke, okay? He saved up for months for this trip and our romantic shit shouldn't get in the way of that."

Calum nodded, seeing Luke running up to them with wide eyes. He had his phone in his hand, visibly shaking as he showed his two best friends what was on the screen.

"I am so fucking glad we missed that flight." Luke breathed, smiling from ear to ear. "Because I think now we're in the same flight as Michael."

@MichaelClifford: Not being in Sydney made me forget how annoying Sydney traffic is.

@MichaelClifford: Excuse me, yes, I'd like to get to the airport please. I have a plane to catch.

@MichaelClifford: No? Okay. See you in a few hours Perth, can't wait to see your pretty faces.

~~~

hELLO IT IS BETHANY COMING TO SAVE THE DAY wiTH AN UPDATE BECAUSE JULIE WAS GOING TO MAKE YOU WAIT AND SUFFER SOOO LOVE ME OKAYY