Fourteen

"Fuck, I'm so hyped!" Calum exclaimed as the three of them followed the crowd outside of the theatre. "Michael was so good, what even."

"I know!" Ashton gasped, holding onto Calum's shoulder as he spun the Kiwi around. "When he started the cover of Snuff by Slipknot I thought I was going to shit my pants. Seriously, what even is that guy."

Luke remained silent, eyebrows knitted together as he walked next to Ashton, paying close attention to his best friends' conversation and how excited they were getting as they talked through everything that happened throughout the concert. Luke allowed himself to smile, thinking of all the times Michael frowned while singing, thinking about all the times he stepped back from the mic and watched with a smile as everyone sang the lyrics back to him. He thought of Michael strumming his guitar and pouring his heart out into the songs. He could see in Michael's face that there was where he belonged.

"You okay, Lukey?" Calum nudged the blond, giving him an encouraging smile as Luke looked up at him in surprise. "You seem awfully quiet."

"I just..." Luke gulped down, sighing heavily as he shook his head. "I don't know. That felt so good, it felt like I could just watch Michael perform for hours non stop. He was so into it. I don't know, it made me wonder if I'm ever going to be into something in the same way he is."

"Oh no," Ashton laughed, throwing his arm around Calum's shoulder as he pulled the Kiwi closer to his side. "Luke's about to get deep. Abort mission."

"Fuck off." Luke rolled his eyes playfully, shoving his two best mates as they laughed, clinging to each other. "I just mean like... Michael loves music, you guys love each other and then there's, like, me. Alone."

"You love Michael." Ashton shrugged, giving Calum a quick look before returning his gaze to Luke and smiling widely. "You love yourself, and that's something not many people do. Just stick to it and something else will come in time. You'll find something. Or someone."

"Yeah." Luke grumbled, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his jeans as the three of them were hit with the cool night air. They were standing right outside the entrance of the venue, where other fans also stood, talking excitedly and looking through the pictures they took of the concert. "Should we just wait out here until Michael leaves? Do you think he'll be meeting fans here or at the hotel?"

"Let's just hang around." Ashton nodded. "If he leaves and meets fans at the hotel we can just go grab a pizza over there. We still have a few days before Adelaide so we'll definitely have time to meet him here in Perth. It'll be all good."

The three of them walked further away from where most people were, sitting on the ground and pulling out their phones. They didn't talk much, they were all looking down at their phones and occasionally showing each other good pictures that they took and wanted to Instagram. Luke logged onto his Twitter, reading through his mentions as people told him to have fun at the concert. Pictures of the fan that went up on stage with Michael filled his mentions, but Luke ignored that. They were mostly salty comments about how 'if you're Michael's favourite, then why didn't he bring you up on stage?' and Luke had no patience. He liked it that people still thought of him, even though it was someone else up there. Someone they should be saying congrats to, but instead, were throwing it in Luke's face.

@LukeLikesBands: had such a good time tonight with my best mates!!

@LukeLikesBands: here's a picture of us being cute before michael came on

@LukeLikesBands: we took so many pictures but most of mine are blurry :-(

@LukeLikesBands: oh well, i'll still have adelaide, melbourne, brisbane and canberra for good pictures lol