Twenty Two

@LukeLikesBands: being back in sydney is beautiful

@LukeLikesBands: seeing my mother is beautiful

@LukeLikesBands: i love life

"Hey, Luke?" Calum asked, turning to see his best friend biting down on his lower lip, staring down at his phone screen with a frown. He had forgotten what looking through his mentions could be like when he was barely coming online on Twitter. He hadn't really been online since his little coffee "date" with Michael, and things didn't seem to blow over like he had expected to. Luke was still getting attention. And a lot of it.

"Yes?" The blond asked, glancing up to see Calum swirling around in Luke's desk chair. It was impressive how even after a whole trip together, the three boys still had a hard time parting ways. Ashton had gone home to see his family, but Calum just wanted to stick around a little longer. He could hear his parents talking to Luke's mother downstairs, meaning he'd still have a while to hang around with his best friend.

"Are you ever going to address the whole date with Michael rumour?"

"It wasn't a date." Luke shook his head, looking back at his phone as he read through the hateful mentions. Most of them told Luke to back off, telling the blond that Michael didn't like guys and that Luke had to give the man some space. It was actually quite comical for Luke to see all of that when he knew Michael had been the one to ask him out for a coffee. Michael was the one who wanted Luke around. "And I don't think so. Michael hasn't said anything about it. Why should I?"

Calum frowned. "Don't you want people to stop being so mean to you about something that didn't even happen, then? Why are you letting people insult you for some fake rumour?"

"I don't care." The blond shrugged, letting out a long sigh. "They can say all they want, at least they're talking about me. Calling me irrelevant and then proceeding to talk shit about me for another half an hour pretty much makes me relevant."

Just as the Kiwi was about to reply, the notification from a tweet from Michael showed up on Luke's phone, causing the blond to suck in a sharp breath before he clicked on it.

@MichaelClifford: I'm so excited to find out who gets to go to the ARIAs with me next week!

@MichaelClifford: I don't know who it's going to be either, I wanna know who you are, human!!!!

@MichaelClifford: Also, being in Sydney is amazing. I love coming home to my family and friends after a loooooong tour.

@MichaelClifford: Gonna have a good rest and start working on some new stuff for you. Maybe your ears won't miss me too much.

@LukeLikesBands: @MichaelClifford my ears would love a break thank u

@LukeLikesBands: @MichaelClifford i can still hear the ringing in them from all those concerts

@MichaelClifford: @LukeLikesBands You're welcome bro ;-)

~~~

double update bc happy