Nineteen

"Please come back." Calum sighed into the phone, hearing the distant sound of cars in the background. He could hear people talking, meaning Luke was most likely in a café or something similar. All he wanted was for Luke to come back to the hotel so the three best friends could be together again. "We've sorted everything out."

"Okay." Luke smiled to himself, liking the fact that Calum wanted him there. Luke was sure that if it were him in Calum's position and he had just made up with his boyfriend, he'd want alone time and a heavy make out session. Luke, however, had no boyfriend and no plans on having one soon. "I'll be there in a few."

The two boys hung up the phone, Luke taking his empty cup, throwing it out and heading out of the coffee shop. As soon as he left the hotel to leave Ashton and Calum to sort their things out, Luke regretted it. The summer heat made Luke's skin feel like it was melting and bursting into flames at the same time. The first thing he did as he stepped outside of the building was find a coffee shop and sit there in the air conditioning, scrolling through update accounts to make sure he understood what the hell had been going on.

He ran out, trying to stay as little as possible in the heat. Seeing the sign for their hotel only a few feet ahead gave Luke the motivation he needed to run faster. Reaching the front door of the hotel and scurrying inside felt like a relief. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, coughing slightly from the first bit of exercise he had done in ages as he headed towards the elevator. The ride there seemed to take a lot longer than usual, and Luke knew it was just because he was excited to see his best friends on good terms again. Waking up to fights was not something Luke ever looked forward to.

"Hello, my children!" The blond exclaimed as he swung the hotel door open, finding Ashton sitting in bed with his legs open, Calum sitting between them with his laptop on his lap. 

"If only, you're our child." Ashton frowned slightly. "The Cashton love child."

Calum giggled, leaning his head on Ashton's shoulder as his boyfriend wrapped his arms tightly around him, giving him a sloppy kiss on his cheek. It was evident that everything was better between them. They had cleared the air and come to an agreement and Luke couldn't be more relieved. There was, however, something in the back of his mind he knew he'd have to bring up soon.

"Disgusting." The blond shook his head as he collapsed onto his own bed. "Have you guys checked Twitter today? It's complete mayhem."

"What happened?" Ashton frowned, turning his attention to Calum's laptop as the Kiwi logged onto his Twitter account, seeing all his notifications popping up of people tagging him on posts made by update accounts. 

Although Luke was the person everyone sucked up to, Calum was like everyone's Twitter best friend. He was the person everyone came to when they wanted to talk about Michael, when they wanted to rant or simply just have a nice chat. If Luke was like the father of the fandom, Calum was the awesome big brother that everyone loved. Ashton was the uncle who cracked the bad jokes. Everyone retweeted them anyways, so no matter how much Calum begged him to stop with the awful puns and jokes, Ashton always told him the show must go on. It pissed him off slightly, but Calum always let it go.

He clicked on one of the tweets, seeing four HQ pictures show up. At first, Calum was confused, staring at an HQ picture of a parking lot. But soon enough, he could see two bodies in the corner, pressed against a wall. Bright red hair caught his attention, and he instantly knew it was Michael and his girlfriend. He still wasn't sure of what her name was, but the trend Michael and Luna made it pretty obvious what her name was. The two of them were kissing, Luna's hands tangled in Michael's hair and his hands flat on her ass. It was clear Michael had no idea those pictures were being taken, because it was on the second picture that you could clearly see Michael looking towards the camera, pushing Luna away.

"What on Earth?" Ashton pressed, clicking on the next picture.

Michael had his head in his hands, Luna with her arms crossed over her chest and a frown etching her features. It was clear that she was yelling it him, but Michael seemed to be taking none of it as the fourth picture showed Michael walking away from the blond with her middle finger raised towards him. It was all a bit confusing, considering no one really knew what was going on and why everything had kicked off, but the look on Michael's face in the fourth picture really did show that things were not okay. He was definitely not okay.

"What the fuck even happened?" Calum frowned as he turned to Luke. The blond shrugged, pouting.

"I honestly have no idea. Michael hasn't tweeted anything since yesterday morning and those pictures seem to be from last night. I don't want to say anything about it, though. I honestly can't be bothered with drama anymore."

"Me neither." Calum sighed heavily, falling back onto Ashton. "So what do we do now?"

Luke shrugged again. "Focus on his music, I guess."

~~~

details on spin off coming soon